• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale NEW (old) Great Planes Chapman CAP 580!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks good. I flew one and it was very snappy. Have no idea how heavy it was though.
I bought it with the intention of building new wings right away to help fix the "snappy" but @Flyrcjoe convinced me to fly it as is and get it as light as possible to actually try it first. I trust his recommendations. If it's crappy or snappy it's going under the knife!!

BalsaDust

I bought it with the intention of building new wings right away to help fix the "snappy" but @Flyrcjoe convinced me to fly it as is and get it as light as possible to actually try it first. I trust his recommendations. If it's crappy or snappy it's going under the knife!!
If you build new wings send the old ones to me and I will be a big profile around them. :yesss:

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Youre gonna tear up the imac circuit. I didnt see if you put smoke in it or are going to just fly it first. It looks great nonetheless.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
I was in a hobby shop called rc planet in salt lake last week and they had one of these hanging as a display. I begged the owner to sell it to me but no go. I guess I will have to figure out a way to get him to trade it or something. Just DONT tell my wife. I am on a short leash right now.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Maiden.....Check!!! Knife Edge mixing........Check!! Four flights and DA100 tuned up.......Check Check Check Check!!

Happy with it :yesss:. It's no modern 3D machine but that's not what I expected or was looking for. It is CLEAN, squeaky clean and is super fun to fly scale. It will be a wonderful IMAC plane after a little more dialing in. It was a little breezy today to dial in the rudder on up / down lines but that will come soon. Old DA100 fresh back from DA with 27x11 hauls the mail, feels like perfect IMAC prop.