• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale NEW (old) Great Planes Chapman CAP 580!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Not a lot done today, I did finish up the cowl cutting / install and I installed some carbon fiber baffling. Prop is recycled that I had in stock and I had to modify the spinner that came with the plane to fit the Falcon. I did get a new fuel tank installed and my pilot installed. Probably have this wrapped up tomorrow night so I can start on my last major project before Spring.:dancing-chicken:

_DSC0032.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0028.JPG
    _DSC0028.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 434
  • _DSC0029.JPG
    _DSC0029.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 418
  • _DSC0030.JPG
    _DSC0030.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 274
  • _DSC0031.JPG
    _DSC0031.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 287

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I will be curious to get the all-up weight. It is surprising that they went to great extent to make this second version of this plane lighter and still have fully sheeted wings, stabs and rudder!!! It's only a 100" plane so I think it will come out pretty good though.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I will be curious to get the all-up weight. It is surprising that they went to great extent to make this second version of this plane lighter and still have fully sheeted wings, stabs and rudder!!! It's only a 100" plane so I think it will come out pretty good though.
I don't remember, wasn't it supposed to come in around 26ish? Pretty sure you smacked that weight out of the ball park.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
It says 24-28 in the manual.....I'm sure the 24 was supposed to be with an 85 up front. Honestly this plane was designed for the 85 clearly, the 100 is a very snug fit. Since I'm using the original heavier version 100 I'd be super happy with 25lb.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The old one I had in the old "splotches" scheme was a tad over 29 lbs with the old DA100. It did ok! Tractor to speed pull outs but still not shabby. Yours Looks good Terry! ;)