• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Welcome to Byron and Tom, happy to have you here on 3DRCF!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Still feeling my way around the site.

BTW GYRO, are you going to make the HMRC Huckfest in mid August? It can't be any hotter in Knoxville, TN than it will be in TX:)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks. Still feeling my way around the site.

BTW GYRO, are you going to make the HMRC Huckfest in mid August? It can't be any hotter in Knoxville, TN than it will be in TX:)

I won't be :(
I'll be at our Bowling Green event in July, only a few hours away :)
I'm personally attending 4 events this year, but our site will have a STAFF member (taking pics, video, interviews, etc) at each flying event we're sponsoring! :)
Here is our event section: http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?9-events,-gatherings,-competitions

joshgluck

100cc
Thanks. Flew glow/nitro R/C from '84 ~ '95, and CL before that. Had a'nuff of the noisy greasy airframe killing vibrators. Just got back in the hobby to give EP a go. Man oh man, finally, 2:1 thrust to weight for EP 3D! Wow, I'm hooked:) Been flying (again) for 2 years now and picking up some 3D moves. My present favorites are 3DHS Edges, 48" and 58". Love the post stall stability. Those fly so nice I thought I'd try a larger bird, so presently "building" (prefer "assemblying" for ARFs since I'm used to balsa stick building;) the 3DHS 74" Edge. It'll be powered by a Hacker A60-7S with a pair of 5S 4000mAH packs wired for 10S. Have those on hand already for flying the 58" Edge on 5S.

From your footer, I see you're a 3DHS Addict too Josh:) I'm thinking 70" Extra SC for my next 3DHS plane, just waiting to see what new color schemes they'll come up with, hopefully in the near future.

Byron C.

Definitely addict3d ;)
Problem is 3 of them still look like the brown box 3dhs ships in. Hoping to build tonight and tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

TLArford

New to GSN!
Hello Everyone, my name is Terry , member TLArford. I am new to the site, but so for it looks great. I am from KY and fly mostly at SKYMAC in Bowling Green KY. I enjoy all types of planes and even started to learn Helis. I am at this moment recovering from knee surgery, had to get it done before the good flying days rolled around. I have just finished a new project with Chad from Taildraggerrc, I designed and developed a Giant foamy Chad will market it Hopefully. I will post video soon as I run down the correct thread. Good Flying and hope to meat several of you at the 3D event at SKYMAC.