• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Howdy from east tennessee. Just found this site from a link on RCG. Good to see a "3D" forum, and looks like a great place to hang out:)

joshgluck

100cc
Welcome 3DeltaFly!
I think quite a few have come over from rcg, and keep included. This is a great place to learn, and share and hangout.

What are you flying?

SnowDog

Howdy from east tennessee. Just found this site from a link on RCG. Good to see a "3D" forum, and looks like a great place to hang out:)

Welcome Byron, glad to have you here. Be sure to let your other friends know about us too!

And don't forget that we are on Facebook too!

I see you already found the Tennessee FLI thread too!

Thanks. Flew glow/nitro R/C from '84 ~ '95, and CL before that. Had a'nuff of the noisy greasy airframe killing vibrators. Just got back in the hobby to give EP a go. Man oh man, finally, 2:1 thrust to weight for EP 3D! Wow, I'm hooked:) Been flying (again) for 2 years now and picking up some 3D moves. My present favorites are 3DHS Edges, 48" and 58". Love the post stall stability. Those fly so nice I thought I'd try a larger bird, so presently "building" (prefer "assemblying" for ARFs since I'm used to balsa stick building;) the 3DHS 74" Edge. It'll be powered by a Hacker A60-7S with a pair of 5S 4000mAH packs wired for 10S. Have those on hand already for flying the 58" Edge on 5S.

From your footer, I see you're a 3DHS Addict too Josh:) I'm thinking 70" Extra SC for my next 3DHS plane, just waiting to see what new color schemes they'll come up with, hopefully in the near future.

Byron C.

Last edited by a moderator:
FB was pretty neat at the start-up. Then they decided to "improve" by going to the "timeline" format. That really screwed it up in my POV, and it drags my otherwise fast desktop to a creeping crawl. So I bailed out of FB. We've got something better anyway; 3DRCForums:)

njswede

150cc
Welcome to the site, Byron!

You'll find a lot of useful information here. Don't be afraid to ask questions and engage in the discussions! We are a bunch of 3D enthusiasts of all skill levels here, so no question should be too hard or too basic!

Couldn't agree with you more on the 3DHS Edges. I have a 58" Edge that I absolutely LOVE. Can't wait to see how your 74" turns out.

Thanks for the welcome Swede. What's the setup on your 58" Edge? Mine thinks it's a pylon racer at WOT. Well, almost:) It's presently fitted with the Torque 4016T/500 MKII spooling a Xoar 16x8 on 5S. Just ordered some 16x7 props to try. Looking for a little more thrust for the slow-N-low stuff.