• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

kgalen

30cc
Hi everyone, Galen from Greeneville, TN. I've been flying for 5 years now. Got into 3D 4 years ago with a 40" 3DHS Edge and have never looked back. I own 12 3DHS aircraft (all electric) and my newest addition is an Extreme Flight 50cc Yak (first venture into gas). I'm retired Air Force EOD and teach JROTC students at the local High School. My flying partner and I started an R/C club 3 years ago, and we enjoy teaching R/C flying. We've solo'd many students in the last few years...and crashed numerous trainers :) I'm glad to be part of the forum!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi everyone, Galen from Greeneville, TN. I've been flying for 5 years now. Got into 3D 4 years ago with a 40" 3DHS Edge and have never looked back. I own 12 3DHS aircraft (all electric) and my newest addition is an Extreme Flight 50cc Yak (first venture into gas). I'm retired Air Force EOD and teach JROTC students at the local High School. My flying partner and I started an R/C club 3 years ago, and we enjoy teaching R/C flying. We've solo'd many students in the last few years...and crashed numerous trainers :) I'm glad to be part of the forum!

Welcome to 3DRCF Galen, happy to gave you. Congrats on serving for 20 in such a dangerous field. I'm sitting on 16 now, 4 to go! :)

Hello everyone.
Sorry I am a little late to the party but I made it.
For the ones that don't know me my name is Jared Clark. I am a Team 3DHS pilot. I have been flying 22 years. I love to hang out at Fly-in's, have fun and help anybody that I can. Feel free to pick my brain anytime. I think there is still a little bit of it left. Lol.

Welcome Jared, happy to have so much expertise and experience here for the community.

Hi names dave from western sydney ferals wing men. I fly Aeroworks,Sebart,Align,Flitework & I like Extreme Flight & many more I use futaba 14SG

Welomce Dave! Happy to see the blokes from down under represeting!

Hi! My name is Brent and I am from Tucson, AZ. I am just getting back into flying after a few years off. I am still in the training stage, but am looking to learn more about 3d and 3d flying.

Welcome Brent, you chose the right place to learn some more about 3D Flying!

Hi All,
Zach Bloomquist from sunny and always hot So-Flo! (South Florida) Been flying for a little over ten years now, on and off since I was 12. Stopped flying when I got into HighSchool and college, and just picked it back up about 3 years ago now. Started just gettin into some good old school 3D and somewhere along the lines decided to fly some IMAC and am now addicted to that as well...Hooray! My first season in IMAC flew in Advanced and won the SE region points challenge in 2012. And now jumped it up to Unlimited, so far this season I am 1/1 and hope to keep it going. I have a brand new IMAC machine that was just finished in January, it is a Dalton Aviation Extra 300 ML with a DA-200 and it is my pride and joy. I also just picked up an 89'' AJ Slick to have somthing to fool around with whilst I plan out and wait for an EF 91'' 300. Really enjoying this site and very happy to be a part of it.

Thanks,
Zach Bloomquist

Well folks heres another one!! Jeremy Dyck from close to Augusta GA. Been flyin since when I was about 11 an it really sucks gettin started when your that young cause I didnt have the money to buy airplanes but fortunately my dad bought my first one(he doesnt fly so couldnt get him to pay for anymore he thot it was a waste of money) Im 5 years down the road from that but still dont have much actual experience flyin but there doesnt seem to be any hope for me as far as ever gettin out of 3d flyin!! Totally addicted I think!! Got a couple foamies and a 57" extra and thats it right now!!:thumbsdown:

SnowDog

Zack, Jeremy, glad to have you here....hope you enjoy it and we're looking forward to your contributions.

Jeremy, I know you would like to have more/bigger/better planes, but you've got a 57" Extra and that's an awesome plane. If I may....be grateful for what you do have, and fly the snot out of it...don't miss the present moment because your living in the future! Use the foamies to hone your skills and then fly the 57" the best that you can!

Welcome aboard, gentlemen!

And im Mac Attacks brother!!! Jordan!!!:) been flyin as long as he has but hes got me beat on the sticks!!!:) he is 'bad news' with that "57"!!!:) im flying a 3dhs 70" velox with the DLE 30!!! had a 48" DW YAK with a bunch of LEDs and sold it... kinda dreaming of a 87" 3DHS Extra!!!:) guess we will see how that goes!!!:) but none the less im glad to be part of the crowd here!!!:)

SnowDog

Hey Jordan, glad to have you here!

I'd be interested to see you chime in on the Velox thread with your experience on the Velox with a DLE-30...plenty of people have been talking about that combination but not many people have actually done it...please share your experience with things like weight, balance, CG, etc with that combo.

Welcome to our site, please make yourself at home!

Ya I really love that 57" but I guess all of us always dreamin bout the next one:D I dont think that I could have gone better for a first balsa airframe!! That thing is so stable its almost not right but I love it!! Id love to take it to the Joe Nall fly with a bunch of other awesome guys this year but dont no if that gonna work or not but I'm definitely hoping!!!