• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

The "C" stands for Chris.
Been flying since the 80's, with a couple long breaks here and there.
I'm getting better at really abusing a plane without completely splintering them all that often. :)
Working on 3D stuff but not disciplined enough to keep from just ripping around doing a lot of tumbles and such, half the time.
Still... I'm having the time of my life, and enjoying watching all you folk with the mad skills :)
And the airframes these days... Wow. It's a really good time to be flying RC.

Eagle34

50cc
Gerald here. Georgia transplant to Mississippi. Started flying in the early 80's then took a long hiatus. Got back into the hobby about 3 years ago, mostly flying scratchbuilt foamies. About two years ago I attended a little known fly-in at this realy nice field, somewhere in the capital of the Lone Star State ;) where I bought my first (and second) 3DHS planes (55 SHP and a Buck Huck) (thanks Dave and Jason) from there I have gone completely mad according to my wife. I now have 10 3DHS planes, an old 45" EF Extra, 2 Skywing MXS', 2 Winners Models EPP planes and still have a load of scratchbuilt foamies. Not the greatest pilot but I can crash as good or GooDEr than anybody, LOL. Don't to get to fly as much as I would like due to my job, I work for the Navy and get deployed three times a year for about two months at a time (not complaimning as it pays the bills and then some.) This year my family and I attended SEFF for the first time. I dont know who had more fun, me or my daughter (she loves all things that fly and hanging out with Dad at the field.) I met a bunch of really great people there too.

Hopefully I'll get to attend more fly-ins and meet more of you.

Hey Rob you ready for a Jagerbomb yet? LOL

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
Ok, I ToTaLLy forgot to do this !! I'm DaVe, and oFFicaLLy a FOG....living in party town, Austin TeXaS and home of ARCA, the club hosting Huckfest (formerly OKtoberfest) !!
I've been involved in R/C since December '06 and I've met a ton of people, had some most excellent timesa and looking forward to many muchO years more !
I spend the rest of my time taking care of my parents (and myself....I'm retired with disabilities), taking care of my home and relaxing each night in my 'home theater' d; ) That bout sums iT uP rite now...wiLL advise ! :D

Oh, and I'm also known as ToW-Mater on RCG ! Almost forgot that part....gO figure ;)

Ahmed

30cc
Greetings from the Big Apple

Hi All,
My name is Ahmed, go by the same name on that other forum. I've been flying for about 6 yrs, but only recently have gotten the 3D bug, after getting my first 3dhs airframe, now I don't know which one I like best 3dhs or EF, just got the 64 MXS and I'm loving it.

Gyro, great job on the forum and you were great in the ATTF interview.

rdcskkrose

Banned
Hey Ya'll!

I see alot of familar people here from the other side. Good luck to GRYO and all for the new endevour.

I flew string controled balsa profiles with the Cox .049 when I was a kid. Build a few up from balsa kits of many pieces too. Do they still have "dope" LOL.

Got back into this 3-1/2 years ago when I got the Supercub for Christmas and proceeded to beat the crap out of learning to fly RC again. Replaced many parts many times. Then the PZ Corsair and T-28. Beat the crap out of those too. LOL. Still have Homer's T28 in flying condition (gotta be an original proton left somewhere) except for the flat tires from sitting in the living room for so long now gathering dust bunnies. Then went thru the E-Flite arframes. Bonanza, T-34 Mentor, P51 Mustang. Then got introduced to 3DHS airframes. Currently in the living room with no flat tires are the 48" $1-1/2 huck, 47" SHP, and the 47" Vyper (V4), plus a AW profile plane that I love and gets toss up in almost any condition. I'm still learing to fly my 3d planes as intended and am loving it.

Wife and I raised four children and have eight grand kids. We all live here on the Colorado Front Range and all get along and love it.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator: