Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Making a few Changes

Discussion in 'GSN Web Site News' started by GSNadmin, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Thanks, I know @acerc has been wanting that.

Now what we need is some build'n action! Maybe a @Terryscustom original or maybe a @sensei custom build!

pawnshopmike likes this.
  2. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

I have several brewing..... later this Fall.

3. GSNadmin

GSNadmin Staff Member

Forums setup arf, kits, scratch builds.

JAG, WMcNabb and Jetpainter like this.
  4. WMcNabb

WMcNabb GSN Sponsor Tier 1

TN, USA
    Perfect!! Thank you sir!

5. I have nothing in the near future for a custom build, but about two years ago I bought a brand new kit of the 27% Midwest Cap 232 from Midwest Products, with an 80" span, it was in the clearance section of their site, so I purchased one for old time sakes. This kit went out of production a long time ago now just like many but was a good flying airplane in its day. Anyway here is a picture of the last one I built around the year 2000, it came in at 17 pounds as I recall with no lightening performed at all, as I already stated; they flew well in their day including the one that a old flying buddy built that weighed 21 lbs. with a G-62's in the nose. So my thinking is it might fly even better at around 11 or 12 pounds and it might be fun to lighten up as I build it. This is most likely the nearest thing I have coming up and it is kinda small, so I doubt there would be much interest in a kit build thread on something like this...

092.jpg

Bob

pawnshopmike likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

I have one of those kits as well. Hadn't thought to get it that light. I was hoping for around 15lbs with a DLE 55

8. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I think I can speak for some of the guys here when I say I think there would be interest. :yesss:

Bartman, Alky6, WMcNabb and 3 others like this.
  9. WMcNabb

WMcNabb GSN Sponsor Tier 1

TN, USA
    You're reading my mind!

Jetpainter likes this.
  10. Bob, all your builds have merit. I have learned a wealth by following your threads. Please do this. :) 11-12# on a 35cc engine? YES!

Alky6 and Terryscustom like this.