Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Making a few Changes

Discussion in 'GSN Web Site News' started by GSNadmin, Aug 3, 2016.

1. GSNadmin

GSNadmin Staff Member

Hope you guys like the few changes I made? I will be upgrade the software next week and adding a better search add on.

2. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    Dude! You have been busy!! I like it!!! Much cleaner! May want to consider moving the vendors to the forums tab for continuity (or just the builds/assemblies?). Keep up the good (and hard) work @GSNadmin You are doing a great job IMHO. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

This new admin guy........Well......I think he knows how to make a really good cheeseburger :attaboy:.

thurmma and ChickenBalls like this.
  4. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

If he will kill those DAMN "alerts" I'll buy him a cheeseburger, and a :cheers: (beer) to wash it down with. Holy tootsie rolls BATMAN, just noticed one of the alerts are "GONE" half way there

thurmma and 49dimes like this.
  5. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

I personally like the alerts other than the ones over the classified section. Always shows a big number there and I'm to broke to buy anything so I don't even look.

sweetpea and 49dimes like this.
  6. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

I'm opposite, I'm not brightest bulb in box, but if I need anything used an often new I kinda know to look at the classifieds, that's usually where items for sale are located. It probably wouldn't matter if it was only one alert, but you keep getting alerts to EVERY post there after, if your buying a servo, and the conversation turns to I like ice cream, I don't need to be alerted to that chat, an often that is where it goes. The alert to actual posts is not an issue, scroll over it,an it's gone, that classified BS, you gotta click around 3 or 4 times to get it gone, it's unnecessary.

7. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    I'll agree with that. Wish there was a button to push (maybe there is?) to turn alerts off on a specific tab such as classifieds.

ChickenBalls likes this.
  8. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

Awesome! Old search feature was useless.

ChickenBalls and thurmma like this.
  9. I am liking what is happening here :) Bart did a great job but, life just got in the way. Now we have a fresh admin that is making things happen :)

@GSNadmin can we get the price for an item included in the listing so you don't have to actually view the item in order to see the price? That would be awesome! Keep up the great work.

10. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

can we maybe kill the two-step verification? using a browser like Firefox that kills cookies and history when it's closed also deletes the site's 2-step 30 day cookie making it necessary to do the 2-step thing at every login

:)