• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

INVERSA 33 ARF assembly by Hanger 9. Motor OS-GT33

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The standard screws with grommets work just fine. Just when you get into 400Oz servos you really start to crank down on the the servos to hold everything in place. What I find is that on the rudder with the plates on the servo is held better in place, less side to side movement and you do not have to tighten the screws down as hard.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need a little help. I am trying to mount an IBec , have done it several times and never to my liking. The thing is not flat has things on the top and wires coming out the bottom. I have mounted it with double sided tape and mounted t to the ply wood with sponge under it and some Velcro around it. But never happy with results. Always looks like it was a last minute install. If somebody has nice clean way of mounting an IBec please let me know or a picture would be nice. Thanks.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
A drop of Goop on the back side, stick it anywhere, it will not come off and the Goop doubles as a shock absorber. It will take 24 hours to cure and needs to be taped down while waiting, but it is bullet proof after that. The Goop can be ran around the unit for extra security, did it once to see, but I have not seen a need for that much. A half a grape size drop on the back of all mine going back five years and still there.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
A drop of Goop on the back side, stick it anywhere, it will not come off and the Goop doubles as a shock absorber. It will take 24 hours to cure and needs to be taped down while waiting, but it is bullet proof after that. The Goop can be ran around the unit for extra security, did it once to see, but I have not seen a need for that much. A half a grape size drop on the back of all mine going back five years and still there.

Thanks like that great way of doing that will mount the IBec with some goop later on today thanks. So simple and it works. Thanks.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The plane was built far enough to be quick balance check. I was apprehensive because I cut 1 inch off the motor box and added a canister. Well assembled the plane put the two battery's were there was place to put them, and note I have also moved the ignition box into fuselage area. Marked the min and max locations. Checked the balance I could not believe it after all that it nose heavy on the one point and tail heavy at the other point and perfectly balanced at mid point well not touching that. Must say that is a nice surprise. All I have to do now is finish the installation of the tank and the radio gear, and buy a 9 channel receiver and two 1800 mAh battery packs. Have a small dilemma I was not going to buy anymore receivers for the old 12x. Need to decide what new radio to get to buy a new receiver, and I cannot make up my mind, have no idea which one to get?????????

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Have a small dilemma I was not going to buy anymore receivers for the old 12x. Need to decide what new radio to get to buy a new receiver, and I cannot make up my mind, have no idea which one to get?????????
Well for me that would depend on weather or not JR is sticking around. I've tried to stay current about the situation, but all the threads on the other forums seem to have devolved into name calling and insults. I think if my 11X ever gives up I'll probably buy a DX18 even though I can't say I'm thrilled with the feel of it. That way I wont have to buy hundreds of dollars worth of new receivers to keep flying.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You are correct I am in the same boat. Do not know if JR will be around for a long time to come. Do not like any of there new radios and 28 channel one is out of my league. And do not really want to buy 16 new receivers. Not a fan of the Dx18 and cannot comment on the Jeti, nobody has one around here and have only held one in Toledo and the radio is so different you cannot tell if you like it or not.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Did the final install for the gas tank, and IBec installed. Also built two led's one ignition and a second for the radio that is done and installed.will get some pictures later on today. Basically the plane is built just need to buy a receiver and two 180o mAh batteries install them and set up the radio.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
After pricing the new spectrum 9 channel power safe receiver I decided that it was just to much money right now for 30cc plane. By the time I finished playing for the unit shipping, taxis and customs it very close to $ 300.00 ?. So I decided to use an old 7 channel receiver and an old smartfly unit . Made a mount for the receiver on the smartffy unit, made some hard points so the smartly unit can be screwed down.