• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many of you are running the new DA150L?

Jlc;15572 wrote: Could it be a mislabeled prop or something? Numbers don't make sense.

you are correct!!! i made a huge mistake. i hope you guys do not oust me. i have corrected this mistake. let me explain. i did first two props were 2 blades, the opto was set to read 2 blade prop. i did 3rd and 4th run with 3 blade props, i changed OPTo setting to 3 blade props. then the 5th run, was with a 2 blade prop, however, i did not change the opto setting. so the low RPM was wrong, the 30 x 12 LF prop rocks!!! the DA 150 L, not broken in, turns it 5900 rpm.!!!

hope you can all forgive me.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
orthobird;16194 wrote: you are correct!!! i made a huge mistake. i hope you guys do not oust me. i have corrected this mistake. let me explain. i did first two props were 2 blades, the opto was set to read 2 blade prop. i did 3rd and 4th run with 3 blade props, i changed OPTo setting to 3 blade props. then the 5th run, was with a 2 blade prop, however, i did not change the opto setting. so the low RPM was wrong, the 30 x 12 LF prop rocks!!! the DA 150 L, not broken in, turns it 5900 rpm.!!!

hope you can all forgive me.

Thats more like it. Easily forgiven. If thats the worst mistake you make you are in good shape.:victorious:

Jlc;16208 wrote: Thats more like it. Easily forgiven. If thats the worst mistake you make you are in good shape.:victorious:

Very true and I completely agree - it's not like I NEVER did anything like that myself!!!!!!

thurmma

150cc
orthobird;13986 wrote: wow!!! very interesting. i just came back in from running my engine on the ground, and was quite disappointed and sad!! with my brand new DA 150L and pro flow cans, TBM wood prop, 32 x 10, i was turning about 4600 rpm, which to me, does not seem like much....

rough calculation of about 40 pounds of thrust. more com,plicated than this, but using same formula, if i use a 30 x 12 prop (& engine reaches 5800 rpm), my static thrust would be about 64 pounds. my airplane weighs about 36.5 pounds, so thrust to weight ratio closer to almost 2 to 1 would be much better. thanks for posting this, cause now i know what i have to do!!! i need to order a Mejzlik or Falcon 30 x 12 prop!!!

I have a 30x12 Mezjlik that is already drilled for the 150 for sale that just has a very slight spinner nick on one side of the hub. Check out the ad at http://giantscalenews.com/ads/mejzlik-30x12-prop-2/ I went with a 32x10 on my 3w-150 TOC and have no use for this prop.