• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many of you are running the new DA150L?

Super08;17954 wrote: Cam your mixture sounds real close, maybe a tad rich on the low. Definitely not enough that I would worry about it now. Let her break in as it is. The way you are ripping that 30" prop you are getting good rpm on the top end.

thank you very much!! do you think this prop would be good to break her in with, or should i go with the Mejzlik 30 x 10 prop? which will rip more, i believe.

Robotech;17961 wrote: I would stick with the 30X12. A 30x10 (assuming it's a Mejzlik) isn't near enough prop for a DA150.

ok, great!! thank you!!

i was looking at the DA 150 manual, and for break in, they recommend:

Bolly 30x12, Menz 30x10, 32x10 Mejzlik 30x10

seems to be flying great with this one.

i did open up the HSN by about 1/8 turn, and the LSN by 1/16th from the factory settings.

I ran a 30X12L back to back with the 30X12. The L was much louder and did not make any notable difference in the way the engine pulled the plane.

I now run a Delro 28X12.5 three blade. Pulls great and is very quiet.

Jerry Hailey;18014 wrote: I ran a 30X12L back to back with the 30X12. The L was much louder and did not make any notable difference in the way the engine pulled the plane.

I now run a Delro 28X12.5 three blade. Pulls great and is very quiet.

i got that prop too. i tried it, but the rpms were low, on the ground, and spool up was slow!!!

i need to break the engine in 1st, so i have to use a prop that does not load it up as much.

Jeff and I confirmed rpm on the weekend on his new 150L mej 30x12 not L 6100 rpm at 2400 feet on pro-rc hype canisters.

This engine had unbelievable performance

Lorne @pro-rc.ca;18345 wrote: Jeff and I confirmed rpm on the weekend on his new 150L mej 30x12 not L 6100 rpm at 2400 feet on pro-rc hype canisters.

This engine had unbelievable performance

is that RPM on the ground or once up in the air?

i too have that same prop and that engine, and mine is brand new.

still breaking in.

at 260 feet elevation, no where near as high as you!!

i get about 6000 on the ground and about 6700 in the air, while she is flying, when prop unloads.

i am using the LF though.

orthobird;18348 wrote: is that RPM on the ground or once up in the air?

still breaking in.

i get about 6000 on the ground and about 6700 in the air, while she is flying, when prop unloads.

That is on the ground after about 30 sec of running. At first a tach showed even higher so we had to use a better tach.

Super08

70cc twin V2
orthobird;18348 wrote: is that RPM on the ground or once up in the air?

still breaking in.

You are running a different exhaust which can make a difference. You also have the L (light) version where Jeff's prop is not.