• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many of you are running the new DA150L?

this is testing results so far, really not testing, as i am looking for a prop to break this motor in.

during change from one prop to another, i did not touch needles. they are still set from the factory.

TBM wood prop 32 x 10, max RPM was 4600

Falcon CF 30 x 13 W, top RPM was 5600.

Mejzlik 3 blade 29 x 12 N == 6000 rpm, very quick spool up

Delro 3 blade 28 x 12.5 == 5500 rpm

Mejzlik 30 x 12 LF = 5990 rpm

possibly, these results are due to the fact that i have not touched the needles.

Ah, the truth comes out!! Yes, I think you need to adjust the needles as per the DA manual. If you keep running it rich you are going to carbon it up pretty badly.

Super08

70cc twin V2
What does not make any sense is the Falcon 30x13W and the Mej 29x12n are both way more load than a Mej 30x12.

Dirt Doctor;15568 wrote: Ah, the truth comes out!! Yes, I think you need to adjust the needles as per the DA manual. If you keep running it rich you are going to carbon it up pretty badly.

i believe that the engine was running lean with the props that place higher load on the motor. that will also explain the slow spool up. it is hesitating, but not 4 stroking. it sounded and ran best with the Mejzlik 3 blade. to break in this motor, i believe i need the mejzlik 30 x 10 2 blade prop. once broken in, then i can play with props for attaining best pull and lower noise. but until i get a new prop, i will maiden this baby with that 3 blade. wish me luck!!!

Super08;15570 wrote: What does not make any sense is the Falcon 30x13W and the Mej 29x12n are both way more load than a Mej 30x12.

the 2 blade falcon 30 x 13 w is actually 29.5 in diameter. the Mejzlik 30 x 12 2 blade prop is 30" diameter.

the 3 blade mejzlik 29 x 12 N prop, the blades are quite narrow.

Jlc;15572 wrote: Could it be a mislabeled prop or something? Numbers don't make sense.

i agree with you, but with all else being the same, that is the way i got those numbers. i did not change needle settings at all. had i done that, i am certain we would be seeing something else.

mbacosa

30cc
I have my 150 in the H9 Sukhoi with 12.5 headers and JTEC pipes. I started off with a 30x12 Mezjlik and was turning right at 6100 on the ground. Performance was decent and the prop was relatively quiet. I then tried a 30x13 (non-wide) Falcon. On the ground I'm taching depending on outside temps 5950 to 6050 with this prop. However in flight performance is substantially improved. My up-line penetration speed is much better, quieter in flight and overall just more pull. Another friend of mine switched to this prop as well and had the same results and he is flying a Pilot Extra 300 which is a much draggier airframe than the Sukhoi.

I would recommend to anyone running a 150 on pipes to try the non-wide version Falcon 30X13. I was so convinced I sold my Mejzlik and bought another Falcon as my back up.

quadracer

100cc
I have a 1-flight-old Falcon 30x13 (narrow) I'd sell if someone wants to try it. I'm not running pipes so I'm gonna stick with the 31x10.

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
mbacosa;15659 wrote: I have my 150 in the H9 Sukhoi with 12.5 headers and JTEC pipes. I started off with a 30x12 Mezjlik and was turning right at 6100 on the ground. Performance was decent and the prop was relatively quiet. I then tried a 30x13 (non-wide) Falcon. On the ground I'm taching depending on outside temps 5950 to 6050 with this prop. However in flight performance is substantially improved. My up-line penetration speed is much better, quieter in flight and overall just more pull. Another friend of mine switched to this prop as well and had the same results and he is flying a Pilot Extra 300 which is a much draggier airframe than the Sukhoi.

I would recommend to anyone running a 150 on pipes to try the non-wide version Falcon 30X13. I was so convinced I sold my Mejzlik and bought another Falcon as my back up.

I'm at sea level and when I 1st built my Sukhoi, I had the ( non-L ) DA-150 with 12 3/8" headers and RE3's.

It was turning a Vess Stealth carbon 32C @ 6000 rpm.

The prop is loud.

I swapped out the 150 for a DA-170 on 14" headers with RE3's, spinning the same 32C prop.

Now it is turning 6500 rpm and is extremely loud.

Is your 150 the L version ?