• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hot off the truck! DLE-61's are here!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nope, no reason to. Bolted mine on and fueled her up. Drew fuel with just the little compression "bumps" so knew the reed block was fine.

As for the ring, compression was strong but smooth so no red flags to pull off the jug. A lot of guys feel they NEED a Bowman ring but I fly enough that my stock equipment breaks in far sooner than most.

I've got no doubt yours drew fuel and worked fine with tons of compression! It's obvious from the video it flies very nicely with tons of responsive power.

Thanks for the update!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Why couldn't they have kept the standard bolt pattern, this conversion would be so much easier!

Just finished epoxying the plugs:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394425773.701682.jpg

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Yeah... That was my feedback to DLE when I tested the sample out. Would be waaaaaaay easier for anyone with a 50/55 to just do a bolt on upgrade, but what do I know?!

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I would ditch 3 things, the exhaust gasket, the throttle idle stop screw and the split "lock" washers on the prop screws. The tapped hole in the jug is a nice touch, some Pitts style mufflers should use it for additional support. Do I understand correctly the mounting pattern is different than the DA-50/DLE-55?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would ditch 3 things, the exhaust gasket, the throttle idle stop screw and the split "lock" washers on the prop screws. The tapped hole in the jug is a nice touch, some Pitts style mufflers should use it for additional support. Do I understand correctly the mounting pattern is different than the DA-50/DLE-55?

Gary,

The exhaust gasket was ditched, using Red RTV instead. Idle stop screws get removed from all my birds. The split lock washers usually stay... why do you remove them?

Yes, the mounting pattern is differed than DLE-50/DLE-55/DA-60/EME-60/GP-61. It is similar to DLE-55RA. Wider at the base, narrower at the top.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Split "Lock" washers do not work, regardless of who made them or the application. I did a USAF sponsored fastener test at TRW, and we found them to have zero value whatsoever. Nordlocks do work well however. Is there some interference that required the new mounting pattern? Our testing parallels this test video from Nordlock. [video=youtube_share;mgwmuZuJ02I]http://youtu.be/mgwmuZuJ02I[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Split "Lock" washers do not work, regardless of who made them or the application. I did a USAF sponsored fastener test at TRW, and we found them to have zero value whatsoever. Nordlocks do work well however. Is there some interference that required the new mounting pattern? Our testing parallels this test video from Nordlock. http://youtu.be/mgwmuZuJ02I

Not that I can see aside from the shape of the casting, which looks like they kept the wider base used on the -55RA

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395494287.872662.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395494345.296237.jpg