• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Elizabeth City NC

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
We all got to admire Larry's re-bash of a PAU Edge at the CAPI (Washington, DC area) IMAC contest this weekend. When I first walked up to it, I asked if it was a CARF plane?....as it looked like a painted fiberglass plane. But what we were seeing was just an outstanding job of covering and paint (Red Bull scheme), PLUS lots of custom touches all around.

I'm not even going to try and explain them, because I'l like @Larry B to do that with lots of photos, of course!!!
:yesss:

Larry B

70cc twin V2
V1.JPG

Thank you Earle, you are to kind & I think over exaggerating a bit:) The PAU thing is still a Chinese ARF to the core, I just could not bring myself to show up in public with an ARF that looked like everyone else's model.
Abe & I had a blast at the event, I had never even been to an IMAC contest but talk about a low key relaxing fun event! It only took me 4 years and putting together an IMAC model to get Abe to come out and try the contest environment, now I'm afraid I may have created a monster.

It was great to meet you & all the IMAC guys, I don't think I have ever felt more welcome at an event.
Larry B

@Larry B I am really glad you made it out and wow that airplane is beautiful! I could not make this event due to helping family. Even though I could say I was there in spirit since my house was being used for two pilots as a hotel. Anyway I really hope to see you at another contest and I am thrilled you enjoyed your trip!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Matt....that's Abe's Carden and yes it is beautiful as well. Larry....get some pics of that Red Bull on here!!!!

Really glad you both made it to CAPI and look forward to seeing you at other meets. We do have a fun time! :fist_pump:

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Thank you guys, I did post a few shots of the IMAC thing in the VENDORS section under the PAU section. I think it's titled Edge 540T rework or something like that.