• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Elizabeth City NC

WMcNabb

150cc
I agree with you Ace R/C, I usually have been posting on R/C Scale Builder where there is a lot less Chinese ARF's & Monokote, but this is a interesting & diverse forum so I thought I would give it a try.

Larry, I would love to see more photos and hear the details of your models, especially the 109E.

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Here are some photo's of the project, I wanted to build a 109E-4 in 1/4 scale because there are no kits available, I started with a good 3-view and scaled it up to 1/4 scale. I then made a plug, molds, & finally the layed up a glass fuse. The wing and tail are foam cores sheeted in 1/8" balsa then glassed with Ziroli cloth. All the finish is Klass Kote epoxy. I went with the good old G62 for power and reliability. So far I have sold two kits of the thing but making kits really cuts into my building time for my new project.
See if this YouTube link will work, it was filmed up in PA during a Warbird fun-fly.
Larry B

Attachments

• L4.JPG
    L4.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 331
  • L8.JPG
    L8.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 296
  • L9.JPG
    L9.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 303
  • N7.jpg
    N7.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 320
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 328
  • F3.JPG
    F3.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 333
  • F6.JPG
    F6.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I agree with you Ace R/C, I usually have been posting on R/C Scale Builder where there is a lot less Chinese ARF's & Monokote, but this is a interesting & diverse forum so I thought I would give it a try.
Building street cred' with the scale guys is VERY important to me so please don't dismiss us as a Chinese ARF 3D site. Hang around for a bit and you'll begin to appreciate the varied interests of our members but, I have to admit, the 3d thing is kind of addictive once you start trying it. It's very challenging to do well.
We've got a great platform here and room for everyone so please make yourself at home, invite your friends to check it out, and let us know if you think of changes we can make in the Scale sub-forums to make them even better.
:)

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Building street cred' with the scale guys is VERY important to me so please don't dismiss us as a Chinese ARF 3D site. Hanng around for a bit and you'll begin to appreciate the varried interests of our members but, I have to admit, the 3d thing is kind of addictive once you start trying it. It's very challenging to do well.
We've got a great platform here and room for everyone so please make yourself at home, invite your friends to check it out, and let us know if you think of changes we can make in the Scale sub-forums to make them even better.
:)
What Bart said. If you look around you'll find plenty of good kit/scratch built build threads here. Even a few scale builds.
:way_to_go:

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Bart, I have the utmost appreciation for the skills required to do any of the 3D type flying, I could never come close to what the 3D pilots are doing these days!
Even back in my youth when I got into R/C (mid 70's) I have always loved scale, trying to reproduce miniature aircraft and then trying to fly them to create the illusion that you are watching a real airplane has always been my personal challenge.
To me watching a 3D model do it's thing is about as far from reality as you can get, the first time I watched a top 3D flyer it was amazing, after that it all looks the same to me, just my 2 cents worth:)
I also have no doubt that watching me try to fly the basic IMAC sequence will be very entertaining for those at the event!

One thing I do like about this site is that it is so easy to post photo's & video clips, RCSB is a real pain in the #@$ to post on. Computers are just not my thing so the simpler the better:)

Last edited: