Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from..... Calgary , Alberta

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rusty 73, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Here's some fresh pictures of my PAU Extra , all taped down waiting for the Goop to cure . IMG_2563.jpg

2. With the bandages/ tape and then removed , notice how the paint lines of the right side don't line up . This plane came from the first batch of Extra's that was launched last March .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  3. IMG_2578.JPG This side the paint lines just about lined up , I guess these are the problems with the first batch of airframes .

IMG_2584.jpg IMG_2582.jpg This is the rear mount for the pipe , used some 3/16 plywood for reinforcement and used 6/32 bolts with locking washers to support the bracket.

IMG_2583.jpg

4. Here's picture of the engine with a plywood mount 0.80" , Herve suggest a nose weight from white rose of 6 ounces to offset the tail heaviness of this plane so I'm loading up the front with as much weight as possible to reduce have to run a weight on the engine .

IMG_2594.jpg IMG_2596.jpg Noticed the holes in the middle are for the exit of the pipes.

IMG_2598.jpg

orthobird and Snoopy1 like this.
  5. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Very Nice Russell, I like the idea of making the add on weight functional. Sorry about that first fuse, what a bummer, but nice that Herve took care of you!

Rusty 73 likes this.
  6. Yes Herve wasn't impressed by the shipping company , when I picked it up it looked like a skid of freight fell on it.
    The guys "At the border storage" marked it damage so the the freight company had to pay Herve for the replacement value .
    The replacement fuselage arrived faster than the one that got damaged , go figure!
    When I went down to pick up the replacement fuselage in Nomeber , the Lady asked me to take the remaining damage box or she was going to charge for storage of the damaged box. So I ended up taking all the extra hardware , gear ,cowl pants and tail feathers and fuselage home . I do have some extra parts for both PAU extra's , the other one is seating in a box , the only thing I don't have extra is a set of wings canopy and fuselage . I feel very fortunate that I have two plus planes for the next couple of years. :big_yes:

7. After adding baffling into the cowl along with the plywood mount , it should reduce the amount of balance weight that i will have to add.

orthobird likes this.