• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hanger 9 Sukhoi (OLD?)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey, I have two of those. Brand new, unused. LOL. I modified my DA headers to fit the rectangle exhaust ports of the 176.

Stang, do you still have one or both of these adapters? Also how did your DA headers seal and what did you have to modify?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Stang, do you still have one or both of these adapters? Also how did your DA headers seal and what did you have to modify?
Terry, I sold the adapters with the motor. However I do still have one new set of DA headers. I used a dremel and a diamond bit and "shaped" out the opening of the header to fit the exhaust port of the GP 176. I used new gaskets and red silicone high temp sealer...just a film... on both mating surfaces. (Jugs and Header Flanges) It is also necessary to "open" up the header bolt holes just about .5 mm or so on each of the two bolt holes on each header. The alignment is so close but just not close enough without grinding them out just a "tick". Bolted them directly on and fit, looked and worked well. They fit perfectly and had zero leakage.

20141231_171911.jpg 20141231_171931.jpg 20141231_194620.jpg 20150101_004048.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Ahhhh, those must have been DA150 headers. I was thinking you had the 170 headers with the round hole. I'm doing a DLE85 so I'd need a drop header for a DA85. I just picked up a used ProFlow from the swap pages on FG with a mount a "knuckle header" so I assume that is the flexy straw type header. Will see, for what I paid I saved a bunch on the can and mount.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ahhhh, those must have been DA150 headers. I was thinking you had the 170 headers with the round hole. I'm doing a DLE85 so I'd need a drop header for a DA85. I just picked up a used ProFlow from the swap pages on FG with a mount a "knuckle header" so I assume that is the flexy straw type header. Will see, for what I paid I saved a bunch on the can and mount.
Yes, they are 150 headers. Hopefully you will get what you are looking for with what you got coming. Saving some dough is always a good thing....as long as it works out right huh?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
$100 bucks for the pro flow and mount I could toss the header and I'm still way way ahead. Only thing that sucks is DA150 header won't work for a single with the piston pointed down:(. I'll talk to plane bender next week and see if he has some ideas.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
$100 bucks for the pro flow and mount I could toss the header and I'm still way way ahead. Only thing that sucks is DA150 header won't work for a single with the piston pointed down:(. I'll talk to plane bender next week and see if he has some ideas.
Very true.... However if it is any help, I am guessing it is the same style, (though different in size) exhaust header that I have used. It looks like an accordion in the middle? I had one on my 50cc Slick with the DLE 55. They seal well, don't leak and are very solid in design. Takes a strong man and a mule to bend them to the shape you want. But once in place, they don't move and work very well.