• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hanger 9 Sukhoi (OLD?)

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I'm assembling this plane http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN1245
DLE 85 for power, I was hoping I could use the factory muffler, but it's not going to work. I don't want to spend $250 or more in exhaust system. Chief did sell a slimline pitts .#SLI2185-B but I can't find info anywhere. I'm going to call Al at Jtech tomorrow, as I understand they made a deep drop pitts for this plane. Does anyone have any other muffler ideas/options? The canister,and header below are what is called for

MTW header & MTW110 canister
MTW RE-3 tuned pipe and header

Attachments

• DSCF3796.JPG
    DSCF3796.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 333

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Kelly is that deep drop? There seems to be an issue with regular drop hitting firewall. I sent convo also same question.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Link sent in convo and I believe it is. I think that's is why the top of the reinforcement plate is cut askew.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm assembling this plane http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN1245
DLE 85 for power, I was hoping I could use the factory muffler, but it's not going to work. I don't want to spend $250 or more in exhaust system. Chief did sell a slimline pitts .#SLI2185-B but I can't find info anywhere. I'm going to call Al at Jtech tomorrow, as I understand they made a deep drop pitts for this plane. Does anyone have any other muffler ideas/options? The canister,and header below are what is called for

MTW header & MTW110 canister
MTW RE-3 tuned pipe and header
Dang, if you could keep that down around the lower 21 pound mark, that would be so sick.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Mike "had and has" some really good planes. Had a chance to meet him at Perry a while back. Also had a chance to pull the trigger on his TOC Ultimate 42 center for 900 but I hesitated. What a mistake on my part. Went to hand him cash and it was GONE!

Bought a 250:money_talks: gas can though!:dancing-poop: My "elder" accompany never let me live it down:msn_slap: