• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
2robinhood;19781 wrote: Hanging on the wing tube with almost 3/4 of a tank of fuel = 34.0 pounds.

Each wing = 4.1 pounds.

34.0 + 4.1 + 4.1 = 42.3 pounds with 3/4 of a tank on board.

So I was only off by a pound or so................:uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::ambivalence::ambivalence::ambivalence::ambivalence::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness:

My Edge has smoke and pipes and she weights a tad over 43 pounds.

jamesrxx951;19784 wrote: Mine is just a tad over 40LBS. Running a DA 170 with RE3's, Mej spinner that is only a few ounces, 9 servos, 2 Pulse 5000 MAH lipos for receiver and 1 2600MAH Fromeco Li-ion for ignition power. Single JR power buss receiver and a Dubro 60oz (I think that is correct) fuel tank. No effort to reduce weight at all. Love the way it fly's.

Wow..this helps a "LOT". Thanks guys. As I mentioned, my 260 is 41 lbs., 14 ounces. I am "VERY" pleased how she flies. Punch out from hover is incredible and I have trouble sometimes getting her down because she floats oh so nicely. Well, not really trouble. Just have to keep reminding myself to come off the gas pedal on my down wind leg and coast her all the way around. Here is what I came up with on the Sukhoi. 8.12 main wings with four servos, 2.05 stabs with four servos, 15.7 fuse. (Also chose to go with a 60 ounce Dubro) Don't know if it will really need it or not, but if it proves to be un-necessary, I can always change that. Motor, prop, spinner, exhaust and batteries yet to be installed. Uninstalled parts, I figure to be about 15 lbs. All up less any fuel, I am expecting 41.8 lbs. I figure that since the 260 has just a smidgen less wing area and stab area as well, The Sukhoi about a foot longer... coming in 6 ounces lighter, it should be juuuust fine. Especially since yours are right in that same range and they are floatin' fools. Whew, I feel much better now. Thank you so much for taking the time to get the weights and such for me. I do appreciate it.

Mikeq

150cc
[MENTION=258]stangflyer[/MENTION] ...I made a short video of my Pilot Yak with a DLE 170 coming out of a hover like said I would but the picture quality sucks. My cat must have licked the lens or something. You can still get a good idea of the engines performance..It yanks that Yak around pretty good..

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Good lord man, Nicely done.... Thanks for posting that. Heck, that motor "Yanks" that plane around like a beanie bag rag doll. Just out of curiousity, what prop are you swinging? How much does the plane weigh?

Mikeq

150cc
stangflyer;19852 wrote: Good lord man, Nicely done.... Thanks for posting that. Heck, that motor "Yanks" that plane around like a beanie bag rag doll. Just out of curiousity, what prop are you swinging? How much does the plane weigh?

Xoar 32x10 ....I'll have to get back on the weight. I'm sure its lighter than your 3.1 SU-26 but not by a whole lot.

Mikeq

150cc
Here lately I've been getting this message after I post. Is anyone else getting this?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/giantcp/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/framework/includes/views-login.php on line 261

Mikeq

150cc
stangflyer;19852 wrote: How much does the plane weigh?

Fuselage with stabs mounted......26.1

Canopy ..................................1.6

Wings X2.................................6.3

Wing tube.............................. .14

minus fuel total 34.14

Not real sure how accurate....ballpark but since it's a 37.5% and not 40 that probably close. I started to change prop pitch but it really does pretty good with whats on it...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq;19874 wrote: Here lately I've been getting this message after I post. Is anyone else getting this?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/giantcp/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/framework/includes/views-login.php on line 261

Mikeq;19891 wrote: Fuselage with stabs mounted......26.1

Canopy ..................................1.6

Wings X2.................................6.3

Wing tube.............................. .14

minus fuel total 34.14

Not real sure how accurate....ballpark but since it's a 37.5% and not 40 that probably close. I started to change prop pitch but it really does pretty good with whats on it...

Yes, I get the same message. Been happening for a couple of days now. About the same time you mentioned the first time. Hmm.....me thinks the gremlins from "that" other site are trying to raise havoc. Bet Bartman is already working on a special little potion for those little demons as we speak.

Thanks for the info. That thing "wails" out of a hover. I am very impressed. I was looking at your weight numbers and I be like, "How the f*&^% did he get his wings at 6.3 and overall weight at 34.14?" Then I read on....duh..... LOL 37.5% verses 42% hee hee

Great info and great video. Muchly appreciato......

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here's the tail gear I used on my SU-26. I still have yet to fashion the little cover that goes over it where it attaches to the bottom of the fuse like the full scale. But I have some preformed material in mind and it should work out quite nicely.

Picture of the full scale and a picture of my Sukhoi with the tail gear.

attachment.php
attachment.php

20051=12897-20140922_231250.jpg
20051=12897-20140922_231250.jpg
20051=12896-su tail.jpg
20051=12896-su tail.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
stangflyer;20051 wrote: Here's the tail gear I used on my SU-26. I still have yet to fashion the little cover that goes over it where it attaches to the bottom of the fuse like the full scale. But I have some preformed material in mind and it should work out quite nicely.

Picture of the full scale and a picture of my Sukhoi with the tail gear.

attachment.php
attachment.php

That would be cool if you make it look like the full scale one...I don't remember anyone doing that so post pics when you have it done....