• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
dhal22;19701 wrote: I don't often watch plane videos but when I do I like them to kick a$$.

David

This one not only kicks booty, but blazes away any doubt that this is the best damn hobby in the world.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok... a couple of really simple and quick questions for all you H-9 42% Sukhoi owners. What was your all up final weight of the 3.1m SU-26? Did you do any weight shaving? At the weight it is, how does it fly? Suggestions on losing weight? Last question: the specs show it to come in between 38 and 42 pounds. Would any one think there will be a lot of difference in the flight characteristics, (considering its size) between those ranges?

Thanks everyone....

Super08

70cc twin V2
Mine was 38 on the nose before I put pipes on it and removed two elevator servos. Don't know what it is now.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Wow...apparently I am doing something "REALLY" wrong here. I have not installed the motor, exhaust, prop and spinner or flight packs. However, weighing the fuse, wings, stabs and cowl....adding in the expected weight of the non installed items, I am at 42 pounds. Am I am doing this correctly. As it stands, I am using everything it came with. Only things I have added are TDRC extensions and wing harnesses and a little "snake" skin to the extensions and fuel tubing on the fuel tank. I am using 4 aileron, 4 elevator, 2 rudder and obviously one gas pedal servos. Nothing else added. I do know the stock gear weighs about twice what the Carbon Fiber gear weighs. What am I doing wrong? UGH......

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey thanks... just weighed the 260. 41 lbs., 14 oz. My planes truly resemble me of late. "GIANT SCALE", LOL

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
Hanging on the wing tube with almost 3/4 of a tank of fuel = 34.0 pounds.

Each wing = 4.1 pounds.

34.0 + 4.1 + 4.1 = 42.3 pounds with 3/4 of a tank on board.

So I was only off by a pound or so................:uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::ambivalence::ambivalence::ambivalence::ambivalence::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness::uncomfortableness:

My Edge has smoke and pipes and she weights a tad over 43 pounds.

Mine is just a tad over 40LBS. Running a DA 170 with RE3's, Mej spinner that is only a few ounces, 9 servos, 2 Pulse 5000 MAH lipos for receiver and 1 2600MAH Fromeco Li-ion for ignition power. Single JR power buss receiver and a Dubro 60oz (I think that is correct) fuel tank. No effort to reduce weight at all. Love the way it fly's.