• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Group Build, 20cc Profile ARF, Who's In?

BalsaDust

All of my slabs I just use a wire or carbon fiber skid on. Lighter and annoys the CJ's when on a black top runway as it makes lots of noise.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well, I tried my darndest to turn this thing inside out but was not successful. I have a great time with it when there is not wind but it is slightly more challenging to fly with wind. Had a good time with it tonight and scared @thelaw a few times. 20 minute flights to I told LAW to take some clips an I joined them together.

Enjoy:

Nice! Mikey like.:yesss:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, I tried my darndest to turn this thing inside out but was not successful. I have a great time with it when there is not wind but it is slightly more challenging to fly with wind. Had a good time with it tonight and scared @thelaw a few times. 20 minute flights to I told LAW to take some clips an I joined them together.

Enjoy:
Nice!

Boy that's a noisy little devil.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
attenzione attenzione!

a quick update, it flew! it was a short flight and I broke the prop without a spare in the car but it flew. you guys would have been proud of me, i broke ground and headed straight up into my weak interpretation of a hover about 30 ft off the ground. i just couldn't wait to see if I had enough watts in the motor to hang it on the prop.

i'll fly it again and shoot some video but it broke ground and made it back alive, so it's all good in 'da hood!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
hey guys,

i'm not going to win any academy awards with this video but i wanted to share what went on after i dorked a landing with my group build airplane.

anyone that is putting taller or more stiff landing gear on their airplane should consider opening up their fuselage and reinforcing the bulkheads, adding thicker stringers along the bottom behind the gear block, and adding webbing across the two lower sets of stringers. i ran the grain of my webbing front to back but to make yours even stronger you should run the grain crosswise.

i've flown this plane again since the damage was repaired and it's much better!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
hey guys,

i'm not going to win any academy awards with this video but i wanted to share what went on after i dorked a landing with my group build airplane.

anyone that is putting taller or more stiff landing gear on their airplane should consider opening up their fuselage and reinforcing the bulkheads, adding thicker stringers along the bottom behind the gear block, and adding webbing across the two lower sets of stringers. i ran the grain of my webbing front to back but to make yours even stronger you should run the grain crosswise.

i've flown this plane again since the damage was repaired and it's much better!
Very helpful post Bart. Thanks for sharing.:way_to_go:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
thanks Mike. hope it didn't come across like I'm bashing Redwing.

Nope. I didn't get that feeling at all.

Speaking of Redwing, I wish midnight would hurry up! I can't wait to see what Tim puts on sale tonight! I've been waking up at midnight just to check Tim's 12 days of Xmas sale.:D