• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Freestyle Routine Music

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
My wife sent me a butt load of music through email so if any of you want a specific song (songs) just ask.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
3DMike,

Printed that list out. Going to listen to them all tonight. I've got some of mine narrowed down to 6 and 7 songs. Got to start piecing them together with certain mixes. I just got a new laptop with windows 8. Hoping I can use it. Does anyone know how to load an MP3 file to the site? I'm not a computer guy.

Jake

I have windows8 too. New laptop. Mine came with Windows Movie Maker, I can upload video, edit with animation, text and caption, edit music into the videos and chop the music, direct link to youtube. Very cool

ryan_m

100cc
That animated slayer video is incredible. I was being a little humorous. Norwegian death metal would get the crowd going! Seriously though, I have never seen a freestyle routine where the music was well done. Just chopped off into another song seems to be the norm? Like a high school pom routine. Too much teenie pop junk. Play music you enjoy and are pasionate about, will shine through in your flying!

Brandon Chitty did a really cool one at the Fort Smith FLI last year. He integrated Siri into the routine as a mechanism for the music changes. Hard to hear in parts of the video for it, but it was cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv49-GT7kvI

As for me, a song I've always liked is Run DMC "It's Tricky". Did a bicycle freestyle halfpipe routine to that back in my teenage days. Not sure how well it would work for a flying routine, but I still love the song.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
3DMike,

Printed that list out. Going to listen to them all tonight. I've got some of mine narrowed down to 6 and 7 songs. Got to start piecing them together with certain mixes. I just got a new laptop with windows 8. Hoping I can use it. Does anyone know how to load an MP3 file to the site? I'm not a computer guy.

Jake

I don't think we allow mp3's. I am imaging due to possible legal/copyright issues with the music industry.

3dbandit

100cc
3DMike,

Jake
[MENTION=1185]cardenflyer[/MENTION],
You could upload to dropbox and post a public link.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
3DMike,

Jake

cardenflyer - What did you think of the first song "The Drift" for IMAC?

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
cardenflyer - What did you think of the first song "The Drift" for IMAC?

I added that one too the list for my freestyle. It might get added in there. I usually never listen to music in IMAC practice. Just so I can really hear what my caller (Dad) is telling me.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
I listen to music on my cell phone while flying and then edit the music into the video. This way I can post a video with, and without music. YouTube has free music swap page when you download the video so there was no copyright infringement with a song.
[video=youtube;XBPHJDyGgAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPHJDyGgAU[/video]

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Jake, I'm just seeing this thread- awesome idea! Thanks for starting it. This is "the next level" for many of us and people have no idea how much work and practice goes into it. In my area it is met with mixed emotions. One 80 year old that I have in an EF 60" Laser says to me "How about Waylon Jennings?" So I made "Don's freestyle" lol.
I have a revolving list of about 12-15 songs that I keep in a "flying" playlist and play them all the time in the car. Still working on mixing and of course matching the flying. I look forward to any tips.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
A friend from another forum put together a crash compilation with a Slayer soundtrack. It certainly works for that!

[video=youtube;YAoiMlqtASM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAoiMlqtASM[/video]

Guess we know who's keeping the EPP, EPO, Depron and other foam companies in business. He aint proud! funny...