• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Favorite connectors

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I think those have been around a long time. Looks like what I used on RC cars like 25 years ago.

They are primarily used in ham radio applications from what I can tell, which the connectors are perfect for. I personally can't stand them, I tried them, the crimp broke every single time even using the pricey crimper they recommend. I stick to Deans Ultra connectors on mostly everything (11 amps to 55 amps). Small lightweight airplanes I'll use JST (10 amps or below) and big airplanes I'll use EC5 (56 amps or more).

Reactions: JAG

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yeah I agree. I never liked them and they seemed cheap. I use Deans on most things. JST on 500mah and below. And XT60 on my big plane batteries since that is what they came with.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
BTW the APP on my DA70 ignition is so loose that I needed a zip tie to keep it together. I didn't change the connector there because I didn't see a need.

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
I take issue withe the trolling on Power Poles. Sure every connector has its plus and minus', but to summarily call the Power Poles crap is just trolling...and very untrue. The Power Poles come from the industrial world. The big players that use big power prefer crimps over solder as that is a much more consistently efficient connection.

I have used thousands of these connector and have very few issues and I use them from my smaller electrics to to 93" laser where I pull over 130 amps. They are quality connectors if taken care of. Pull any connector by the wire and you will break them or at least shorten their life.

Ok, off the soap box...but come on guys lay off the trolling...

Wacobipe

100cc
I take issue withe the trolling on Power Poles. Sure every connector has its plus and minus', but to summarily call the Power Poles crap is just trolling...and very untrue. The Power Poles come from the industrial world. The big players that use big power prefer crimps over solder as that is a much more consistently efficient connection.

I have used thousands of these connector and have very few issues and I use them from my smaller electrics to to 93" laser where I pull over 130 amps. They are quality connectors if taken care of. Pull any connector by the wire and you will break them or at least shorten their life.

Ok, off the soap box...but come on guys lay off the trolling...

??? Not sure their opinion about connectors is any more of a troll than your response, jus tone negative and one positive. You may not agree, but both are valid viewpoints based on user experience.

Reactions: JAG

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
"APP are crap" is what what I took issue too.

Every connector has its positives and negatives...but that is trolling in my opinion.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yeah I have to disagree. Just because you don't like his opinion it's trolling. That's crap.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion based on their experience.

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
We will have to agree to disagree. I don't have any issue with any of the connectors, like I said they all have plus and minus'. You can state you have probs with one, like its hard to pull apart Deans sometime, without summarily saying they are all crap. There are a lot of people that use most of these connectors successfully.