• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Favorite connectors

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I have seen a pilot with the ec3 use snap ring pliers to in plug his. He drills 2 small holes for the tips. Easy as pie.

I am switching all mine from deans to powerpoles, though.

Thats a neat tip! That would make it a heck of alot easier to unplug them too.

thurmma

150cc
Deans on everything that connects to a battery. I am finding that soldering 6s leads to a deans connector can be very interesting. Doesn't leave a whole lot of space. Will probably try the powerpole connectors on the larger batteries for my daughters plane.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Dean's on the A123 reciever batteries in my airplanes, and on the LiFe's in my heli's and EC5's on all the 6S stuff for my helicopters.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I was surprised to see Bob Violett Models uses Deans on their high wattage EDF's, or EVF'S as they call them. Lot of people say they won't handle that kind of load, but I guess they must.

JAG

70cc twin V2
If you use Deans, make sure you buy the good ones. There are cheaper ones out there and they suck.