• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Favorite connectors

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Soldering bullet connectors isn't that difficult. The trick is to not only tin the wire, but to make sure the entire surface inside of the receptacle is tinned. You don't want to pool the solder up deep inside of the bullet but you don't want to have bare spots either. Takes a little bit of practice but it's not hard once you get the hang of it. I typically heat up the bullet until the solder is liquid then I push the wire in and wait until the solder on the wire wicks again, then you should be good to go. Fill in any open gaps if there is any.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
To get heat into the receptacle you need to put a touch of solder on the iron to make good contact on the side of the receptacle so that it will heat up properly to get a good joint if not it will be a cold joint.
Do you just put a dry soldering iron against the receptacle. If how many watt iron are you using. I am using a 40 watt iron.