• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FASST and FASSTest

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sounds like you Geezers have this all wired!! But I agree, if it keeps acting up or not working like it should then a quick trip to Illinois should make it right!!

OK it is going back. I have a question however....Operating the 14sg in multi channel mode for use with the R6014HS receiver will the transmitter still receive and display telemetry information from a R7008SB receiver being used as a stand alone telemetry module to plug only temp and rpm sensors in to???

Judge

70cc twin V2
Nope. Because you have to select either the Multi-FASST or one of the two FASSTest modes. You cannot have both a FASST and FASSTest RX linked to the same TX on the same model at the same time.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Nope. Because you have to select either the Multi-FASST or one of the two FASSTest modes. You cannot have both a FASST and FASSTest RX linked to the same TX on the same model at the same time.

Thanks for the Info. I will probably use an after market type telemetry module and telemetry ground receiver/display then until I can decide to sell off my 5 6014 receivers for 7008's. I am not going to say publicly how I feel about my beloved Futaba right now.

Judge

70cc twin V2
Technology marches on. The addition of telemetry to the FASST protocol made the 2 no longer compatible. One other cool feature about using the R7008SB is you can truly split the plane and put channels 1-7 on 1 RX and 8-16 on a second separate RX (both R7008SB).

Mikeq

150cc
Technology marches on. The addition of telemetry to the FASST protocol made the 2 no longer compatible. One other cool feature about using the R7008SB is you can truly split the plane and put channels 1-7 on 1 RX and 8-16 on a second separate RX (both R7008SB).
+1 Which is what I did on my Yak.....

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That is what I will eventually do as well. Hate having to give up rock solid receivers for telemetry.
On the bright side though.....Each servo can be fine tuned to wing and stab configurations, rudder configurations which is really nice. Thanks for the feed back guys.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just an update.... It appears it was my "tapping" that was culprit with the 14sg. Local Futaba rep was at the house and showed me just a "touch" and release technique is all that's required.:yesss:. I am now a "data" inputin fool:spongebob:.

Even spelled my name right!!:woohoo!:

Mikeq

150cc
Yeah Dimes it takes a little finesse when handling a thing of beauty like the 14 SG...Got to be a gentleman and temporarily forget your "Y" chromosome while programing Futaba....LOL

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yeah Dimes it takes a little finesse when handling a thing of beauty like the 14 SG...Got to be a gentleman and temporarily forget your "Y" chromosome while programing Futaba....LOL

Whut!?!?!? I be did use me lit'le finger's! duz zat meanz I couldz do it !?!?!? Went work out good to upload data home again tomorrow for some one ate crumbs for working heavy to go home upload data links for goodness. Ya know?