• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FASST and FASSTest

Mikeq

150cc
FASSTest is FASST + telemetry. FASST and FASSTest are not compatible. The base protocol is the same but the addition of the telemetry data makes them incompatible.

This chart shows what works with what: http://www.futaba-rc.com/receivers/fhss-s-fhss-compat.html

Judge glad to see you are here...we need people like you who are expert contributors. You and Malcolm have helped more people with understanding Futaba and resolving any issues they may have had....:) Oh no partisan politics allowed here...Sleepy and Bart done laid down the law...

Judge

70cc twin V2
So what is the DSSS that everyone is talking about ?
Isn't the FASST is FHSS and DSSS together ?

DSSS refers to protocols used by other vendors. Futaba has two protocols FASST/FASSTest and S-FHSS/T-FHSS. FASSTest and T-FHSS are the telemetry capable variants of the two base protocols. The chart I liked to above shows the compatibility within the Futaba line.

Of current radios the 18MZ and 14SG can do everything except T-FHSS. The 8FG is FASST only, and the 8J is SFHSS and the 10J is SFHSS/T-FHSS.

Judge

70cc twin V2
Judge glad to see you are here...we need people like you who are expert contributors. You and Malcolm have helped more people with understanding Futaba and resolving any issues they may have had....:) Oh no partisan politics allowed here...Sleepy and Bart done laid down the law...

Glad to be here, took awhile but i finally decided somebody needed to show up to keep you guys in line!! :dancing-chicken:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Glad to be here, took awhile but i finally decided somebody needed to show up to keep you guys in line!! :dancing-chicken:

Got any tips on the 14sg touch sensor??? It is giving me fits. Some guys at the field told me to wet my index finger and dry it off. I did that and still have issues. May just have to throw down on the 18mz. I would really like to get this 14sg to cooperate.

Last edited:

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I found a big difference between my 8fg touch pad and the 14sg. My 14 is way more sensitive but once I got used to it I like it better.