• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

Reading about the demon cortex this morning. Gyro - you still believe? Might just get one for the yak....

I use the Lemon 7ch Rx-stabilizers in my 60" planes, but the 91" Yak doesn't need one. I've flown in 20+ mph winds and she handles it just fine. Not that you want to fly in those conditions but the airframe handles it well. I have a buddy who uses the demon cortex in one of his smaller airframes and it works very well. The heading hold is a cool feature, but most would agree that it is a parlor trick and they don't use it very often.

I say save that money for the 2 into one header from Desert Aircraft. :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
That's funny Mike.... :)

Dan, yes, I still believe. The wind is rarely calm out here, and the Cortex helps me conquer it.

I simply enjoy flying more when I use it.... I have one in both of my 60cc birds, neither of which "need" it.

Oops! Sorry about that, I thought you were asking a question ABOUT a gyro, not a question TO someone named Gyro. My bad :facepalm:

dribar

70cc twin V2
That's funny Mike.... :)

Dan, yes, I still believe. The wind is rarely calm out here, and the Cortex helps me conquer it.

I simply enjoy flying more when I use it.... I have one in both of my 60cc birds, neither of which "need" it.

I'm actually quite excited about it. I'm assuming it's a no-no for IMAC. Is that a safe assumption?

dribar

70cc twin V2
My wife and I started up the da70 for the first time yesterday with no issues. Four flips to get the "pop" and then three more to start. Love DA. All that's left is one last balance check in the garage and then maiden this weekend.

My wife and I started up the da70 for the first time yesterday with no issues. Four flips to get the "pop" and then three more to start. Love DA. All that's left is one last balance check in the garage and then maiden this weekend.

Awesome! Congrats and good luck!