• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

Question- do you guys use permatex or similar when mounting your mufflers? I've got the da70 with stock mufflers and was expecting there to be a gasket between the muffler and engine. Nothing came with it from da.... So do I get some permatex or what do you suggest?

Kevin Estes recommended this stuff to me and it works great. Don't use hard gaskets.
Richard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 268

dribar

70cc twin V2
Hmmm, only lets me upload one pic at a time?
Here is one with the smoke tubing installed.

Nash - what did you use for a throttle pushrod. The one from EF was an inch short for the da70. I've got nothing laying around and have to order something. Let me know and thanks.

Nash - what did you use for a throttle pushrod. The one from EF was an inch short for the da70. I've got nothing laying around and have to order something. Let me know and thanks.

I had the same situation. This airframe was designed for a single cylinder engine with the throttle servo mounted inside the motor box. I mounted my throttle servo 'upside down' and used some all thread that I purchased at a local Ace hardware for the pushrod. You can see the servo mounted and all thread pushrod in this picture. You will also have to Dremel the wood for the pushrod to pass through. Let me know if you need anything else. Memory hasn't failed me yet having just recently completed this build, and I have a bunch of pictures

Richard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 260
Another thing you will have to do is Dremel out a small hole in your cowl for the port side spark plug. I left mine open as you see in the picture. My buddy Kevin put a graphic from B & E over his on the 88" Edge.

Kevin says that the DA70 is so awesome, that you have to cut a small hole in the cowl to let some of the "awesomeness" out :cool:

Richard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 269

dribar

70cc twin V2
Cool! I have both the 16 & 32 sitting in the bench. Wasn't too sure which way to go. Love these tanks.
Peace.