• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
That's a good tip with the sim physics I'll give that a crack tonight

It really speeds the learning process up because it allows you to process what is happening and get used to how the plane is reacting while remembering the inputs. I identified with it immediately from my musical training as a kid. When something is hard you have to slow it down and gradually speed it up to the correct tempo. So on the sim you can just increase the physics 10% at a time or whatever you can keep up with. In a few hours you can make quite a bit of headway that wouldn't be possible trying to do it at full speed.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Roj do you run tourqe motors?

Mate,
I had run them in my 48" machines until I got out of them.
I haven't run the 4000 series that DA Aus have in stock as I'm a believer in big props and on that motor you are limited to 15" props.

Once DA Aus get the MK11 401# motor in stock I'll give it a try on 16x8 on the MXS.

I currently run Motrolfly DM4315-480 motors on 6s with my 60" planes in either 16x7 or 16x8 Xoar props.
I prefer the 16x7 on the extra and 16x8 on the Edge.

wedoitall

When it comes down to it you just have to learn what it feels like through practice. You can experiment with more of this than that but at some point you are going to have it lock in and look smooth. Too much of any input is going to make it look irregular. Of course you have to make adjustments as needed to correct. You can get carried away pretty easy with over-analyzing things. At the end of the day you just have to fly the plane. Keep in mind that I am no expert. There are other people in the room that are miles ahead of my progress.

On the "throttle pump" question the answer is yes. You can't get away from having to make constant throttle corrections. The important thing at first is to get a good stir. Then work in adding appropriate throttle inputs. I learned everything on realflight by turning the sim physics down to around 60%. It slows everything down and lets you practice corrections in a harrier attitude. This works pretty good for learning any challenging skill.

i pretty much have stir down pat with my TH edge. with around 40 degrees or so AOA throttle pump still needs work. i started slowing down on the sim and ive worked my way up. i can do the throttle pump better on the sim but can do everything else better on my epp foamy.

Feral

Mate,
I had run them in my 48" machines until I got out of them.
I haven't run the 4000 series that DA Aus have in stock as I'm a believer in big props and on that motor you are limited to 15" props.

Once DA Aus get the MK11 401# motor in stock I'll give it a try on 16x8 on the MXS.

I currently run Motrolfly DM4315-480 motors on 6s with my 60" planes in either 16x7 or 16x8 Xoar props.
I prefer the 16x7 on the extra and 16x8 on the Edge.

Sweet as mate did the tourqe's handle the summer heat?

wedoitall

BigRog-- how do you like the motorfly 4315-480 on your 60's? what esc and servos are you using also?

im gonna run the motorfly 4315-480 in my MXS that i have on the way.