• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
BigRog-- how do you like the motorfly 4315-480 on your 60's? what esc and servos are you using also?

im gonna run the motorfly 4315-480 in my MXS that i have on the way.

I love the Dm4315-480 motors, got three of them, but one is pretty bent up can from crashes.

I run either castle ICe100 or ICElite 100 esc with 16x7 or 16x8 Xoar props.

Really great setup and runs well even on 35degC days.

I haven't tried the EF torque II motor yet on this setup.

I am thinking about giving one a try on the MXS when they come into stock over here. Its some 20kV higher then the Motrofly but can handle 16x8 Xoar if you have cooling and low temps.

I've been pounding the 60" extra lately practicing IMAC patterns in Sportsman and Intermediate in anticipation of running IMAC with the 91" extra once that gets here soon. The little extra loves the clean pattern lines on low rates, almost effortless how smooth it flys when the rates are low.

My biggest issue is avoiding spinning into KE spins on IMAC down lines, just comes natural and takes all my concentration to resist the urge.!!

lol.

Feral

I love the Dm4315-480 motors, got three of them, but one is pretty bent up can from crashes.

I run either castle ICe100 or ICElite 100 esc with 16x7 or 16x8 Xoar props.

Really great setup and runs well even on 35degC days.

I haven't tried the EF torque II motor yet on this setup.

I am thinking about giving one a try on the MXS when they come into stock over here. Its some 20kV higher then the Motrofly but can handle 16x8 Xoar if you have cooling and low temps.

I've been pounding the 60" extra lately practicing IMAC patterns in Sportsman and Intermediate in anticipation of running IMAC with the 91" extra once that gets here soon. The little extra loves the clean pattern lines on low rates, almost effortless how smooth it flys when the rates are low.

My biggest issue is avoiding spinning into KE spins on IMAC down lines, just comes natural and takes all my concentration to resist the urge.!!

lol.

Do the ke spins anyway

hone

150cc
thats what ive been hearing.

It depends on what you want. The torque has noticeably more power but you get at least a minute longer flights out of the motrofly. The Torque MKII is no joke!

I used a ICE lite/Motrofly 4315-480 on my Extra and Torque/Airboss on my MXS. The Torque/AB combo feels A LOT different. It's hard to explain and it could be mostly because of the ESCs but the Torque/AB feels like there is more power on the low end as well as top speed. When i went from the Torque/AB back to the Motrofly/CC i felt like my rollers needed more throttle with the Motrofly/CC. I'd like to try the motrofly with AB ESC and Torque with the CC though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
It depends on what you want. The torque has noticeably more power but you get at least a minute longer flights out of the motrofly. The Torque MKII is no joke!

I used a ICE lite/Motrofly 4315-480 on my Extra and Torque/Airboss on my MXS. The Torque/AB combo feels A LOT different. It's hard to explain and it could be mostly because of the ESCs but the Torque/AB feels like there is more power on the low end as well as top speed. When i went from the Torque/AB back to the Motrofly/CC i felt like my rollers needed more throttle with the Motrofly/CC. I'd like to try the motrofly with AB ESC and Torque with the CC though.

Interesting observation Joe.
don't forget the AB sets the throttle automatically and its a different motor as well.

I prefer the castle esc due to the large amount of settings you can play with plus I can set it up on my PC and see what I'm looking at.
I'm sure the AB is a great piece of kit as well. Anything EF puts their name too is top of the tree in my books.

I'd like to see your observations with the Torque motor on castle esc as well.

Might just be related to that extra 200 kV from the EF motor that gives you that little burst down low.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
BigRog the container bound for us is still awaiting dispatch from china

I spoke with Ian from DA today as well. And yep it ain't left yet.

I guess we play the waiting game and gives me more time to save the brass to spend up when it gets here and unpacked.

Am staring down the barrel at the 91" extra DA60 piped plus the 88 edge for my electric setup and of course the much anticipated 64" MXS.

Gonna be quite a car load to bring back home, or something like $700 worth of freight if I get it all shipped.

wedoitall

after i get better with the MXS i may try out the torque/airboss combo. as much as i fly, i may be like you and wear her out by the end of summer and have to get a new airframe.