• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Extra 300 91"

All,

I just ordered the EF 300, it's back in stock but who knows for how long!

I looked for a build thread on for this plane and couldn't find one, is there one that I'm missing?

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
All,

I just ordered the EF 300, it's back in stock but who knows for how long!

I looked for a build thread on for this plane and couldn't find one, is there one that I'm missing?

I don't think we have one here yet, you should do one!!! :) :) :)

I was amazed at how quickly the 300 got to my house. From Ga. to Ca in four days. Double boxed and the inner boxes are very, very roubust. No damage at all. Did a quick fit check and everything looks good.

Attachments

• 300 pic 4.jpg
    300 pic 4.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 976
  • 300 pic 1.jpg
    300 pic 1.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 481

cap232

50cc
I got the same one delivered last Friday .
what engines are you lookat at to power it.?
im considering a gp61 or eme 60 or the new dle 60 single due out in novermber

all the build treads are on fg. but there to drug out maybe we can both do one.

Desert Aircraft is now selling the DA 70cc twin engine....it has my name all over it. That's the engine going in the Extra 300, didn't have to think twice about that!!!

cap232

50cc
most of the da twins I have seen all ran good hopefully the 70 will also.
I would buy a da 60 but most of those I have seen and its been a lot just don't
sound like they run very good unless maybe there piped. and seem picky to tune or always tuning them.
burble a lot and stall on the ground.

RKEstes

50cc
I saw Chris Hinson and Chris Jewlett flying their DA-70 powered 91" Extras at the Bowling Green 3D fly-in and they ran flawlessly and were stout with a Mejzlik 24 x 10TH prop.

New EF EXTRA 300 91" .....Tonight I used canopy glue and went around the inside of the canopy. After that I pulled out the wings and and the elevators, bought a fresh bottle of thin CA and went around the anti-rotation pins and any other joints I could apply the CA too. I put those back in the there bags and went to work on the fuselage from the engine box back to the turttle deck. I applied CA to every piece of wood from the bottom of the fuse for the landing gear throughout the entire fuse. After finishing the fuse I went back to the canopy and applied CA to every glue joint I could see. Overall it took well over an hour. Tomorrow I'm going to fuel proof the fuse .

Attachments

• Canopy CA'd and canopy glue.jpg
    Canopy CA'd and canopy glue.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 489
  • Fuse CA'd.jpg
    Fuse CA'd.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 544
  • Fuse1 CA'd.jpg
    Fuse1 CA'd.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 484
Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
New EF EXTRA 300 91" .....Tonight I used canopy glue and went around the inside of the canopy. After that I pulled out the wings and and the elevators, bought a fresh bottle of thin CA and went around the anti-rotation pins and any other joints I could apply the CA too. I put those back in the there bags and went to work on the fuselage from the engine box back to the turttle deck. I applied CA to every piece of wood from the bottom of the fuse for the landing gear throughout the entire fuse. After finishing the fuse I went back to the canopy and applied CA to every glue joint I could see. Overall it took well over an hour. Tomorrow I'm going to fuel proof the fuse and post some pic's.

Sweetness!

Well tomorrow came and went but today I did fuel seal the inside of the fuse, the motor box, the landing gear wood, cowl ring, wings and stabs. First I ironed all the Ultra coat where it is tacked down againt the wood on the fuse, wings and stabs; then, I used masking tape and masked off the fuse, wings, stabs and cowl. Before I fuel sealed he cowl I placed a bead of epoxy all the way around the inside of the cowl ring.

Immediatley after sealing the landing gear area I removed the masking tape and wiped it clean with denatured alcohol. I did have some of the fuel seal run onto the Ultra Coat but if you clean it immedatly after applying a fuel sealer you can't tell you ever had sealer on the Ultra Coat.

I painted all the control horns to match the Ultra Coat.

Attachments

• Control horn white.jpg
    Control horn white.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 404
  • Cowl ring glued with epoxy and wood fuel sealed.jpg
    Cowl ring glued with epoxy and wood fuel sealed.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 437
  • Fuse 1 prep for fuel seal.jpg
    Fuse 1 prep for fuel seal.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 424
  • fuse 1 seal completed.jpg
    fuse 1 seal completed.jpg