• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

WOW!!! erics B, just saw that.
SO explain, you can use the ailerons as full ailerons also?
And when you come in to land, you can put the flaps on as well./?

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
WOW!!! erics B, just saw that.
SO explain, you can use the ailerons as full ailerons also?
And when you come in to land, you can put the flaps on as well./?
Yup. Full ailerons without the worry of your servos fighting each other. Spoilerons like I have on all of my planes. (Up elevator makes both ailerons go up) Just flaps with the inside ones. Crow with the inside ones going down, and the outside ones going up.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I got the idea originally from @Pistolera and tried it for fun. Turns out it's really badass. I flew Sportsman IMAC with my Viper with just the outer ailerons and it was pretty cool. The yellow Viper is the first plane I built with them and recently built Eric a new set of wings for his Viper. Since then I've done four more and they have all been great! Recently I needed wings for a 91" EF Extra and they were out of stock so I made my own (and added a couple of servos;))

Flaps on an aerobatic plane are amazingly cool. @Capt.Roll awesome work dude!!!

_DSC0144.JPG

Last edited:

camss69

70cc twin V2
What did you use to split the ailerons? How did you get the cut so clean? I'd like to do this to my spare set of wings.

Was able to get back to the assembly of my 104 last night after taking a week break. I picked up a H9 Extra 300 Carden edition via the classifieds so I'd have something to fly while working on the EF.

It's always a challenge to me to take a perfectly good part of an ARF and start cutting on it..........LOL. I was able to split the left aileron and did not have to patch the factory covering; also was able to glue the hinges. I guessed at the gap to leave between the two aileron surfaces; just making sure it was enough so there wasn't any contact betweem the two aileron surfaces through their range of motion.

Hopefully I'll get the RA done this evening; if so I believe I will be able to finish the Extra assembly this weekend.

View attachment 12192

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Seems like I'm finally making some progress on getting my 104" completed. Finally settled on a location for the ignition along with the IBEC and the Smart-Fly/RX; the A123's location will be finalized once I get an initial CG check. Wiring has been run from the rudder and stablilizer servos to the RX along with the switch to turn on/off the Smart-Fly board.

No much left to do; secure the fuel bottle, drill the prop and spinner back plate and secure/tidy up rest of the wiring.

Ignition Location.jpg
Smart-Fly & RX.jpg

Attachments

• Aft Wiring & Antennas.jpg
    Aft Wiring & Antennas.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 258
  • Fiji.jpg
    Fiji.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Pwr SW & Ignition LED.jpg
    Pwr SW & Ignition LED.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 222