• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

jymz

30cc
DA did the update for free. I bought a new one and sent the old one in after switching it out. I kept the original as a backup.

grooven j

New to GSN!
I have a question for you guys flying precision/3D. I'm about to maiden my EF 104 tomorrow. I was wondering if you guys can save me the hassle in trying to figure out where the optimum CG location is. I've read somewhere that the wing tube method make for a nose heavy plane. Much help is appreciated.

Santi

Bipenut53

150cc
@grooven j I always start with my CG on the wing tube, meaning that I put the wing tube in, wings on and loop a small diameter rope around the wing tube and lift the airplane and make it neutral.

grooven j

New to GSN!
That's where I have it now. I know people are claiming that the plane is nose heavy at that location. I was just wondering where people have there CG now as many fly precision/3D. I was just trying to save me time and get to the optimum CG for my type of flying.

Santi

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
The fix for me was an updated carb from DA.
Not sure if I got it yet, but interesting enough I have adjusted the high end by leaning it out about an 1/8 of a turn each time and it has so much better. I could actually fly it yesterday in mid-range. I do still notice a little surge, but I am just changing it a small amount each time. I am thinking leaning one more 1/8 inch turn should do it. This would make sense as to why a carb might cure this in some instances.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Oh, I meant to ask. Does anyone know what size the ball joint ends are on this plane? I have some on my elevators that are worn really bad and I need to replace them. It is no problem for me to check, I was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head what they were.

Oh, I meant to ask. Does anyone know what size the ball joint ends are on this plane? I have some on my elevators that are worn really bad and I need to replace them. It is no problem for me to check, I was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head what they were.

M3