• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Was able to get back to the assembly of my 104 last night after taking a week break. I picked up a H9 Extra 300 Carden edition via the classifieds so I'd have something to fly while working on the EF.

It's always a challenge to me to take a perfectly good part of an ARF and start cutting on it..........LOL. I was able to split the left aileron and did not have to patch the factory covering; also was able to glue the hinges. I guessed at the gap to leave between the two aileron surfaces; just making sure it was enough so there wasn't any contact betweem the two aileron surfaces through their range of motion.

Hopefully I'll get the RA done this evening; if so I believe I will be able to finish the Extra assembly this weekend.

LA Split 2.jpg

Attachments

• LA Split 1.jpg
    LA Split 1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 429
  • LA Split 3.jpg
    LA Split 3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 376

camss69

70cc twin V2
Anybody tried the MKS HV777's yet? I ordered a pair to try on the elevators based on reviews people have posted online about them. I'm also interested in trying an MKS X8 on the rudder but I'll see how the 777's do first.

I also recently switched from my 12X running DSM2 to a new XG11 running DMSS and I'm pretty happy with the change. Setup was pretty forward JR programming using the numbers out of my 12X. The receiver swap out was pretty easy just adjusted subtrim and the throws were perfect using the previous numbers. Flying I would say I certainly did notice a difference... Much more connected feeling which I would have a hard time believing had I not flown it myself.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I am running 777's in mine with a single on the rudder. I like them so far. I have 777's going into a dalton and pau edge as well but those two have yet to fly. I have a buddy with the X8's in his extra and am hoping to get a pull at it next time we fly together. So far he loves em from what I hear.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I'm really interested in the X8s... It looks like they have a larger output gear? Looks like the gears are bigger which maybe they will handle the load over the long term better?