Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Escapade MX 30cc ARF by Great Planes

Discussion in 'Manufacturer's Announcements and Discussions' started by SleepyC, Mar 10, 2015.

1. ericb

ericb Team WTFO GSN Contributor

$299.

2. Super08

Super08 70cc twin V2

They are on Towers site. In the wrong section though. They are listed in ARF Sport .20-.50.

3. It looks a lot like the old Lanier Giant Stinger.

4. 3D-Joy

3D-Joy 50cc

Now that you mention it it really is true ! And also a similar fat airfoil. Should make it a much better flier than the smaller Escapade MX which is far from just an average sport plane. Its fast, snaps aggressively but still a fun plane, just much more advanced than a typical sport plane.

5. payneaviation

payneaviation 30cc

yeah I can see one in my future just got to thin the herd first

6. Super08

Super08 70cc twin V2

I picked one of these up about two weeks ago. It is a real nice kit and assembles pretty quick. I made a couple of changes to mine, one of which was to add flying wires to the tail. I don't trust non airfoil type stabs as they tend to flex too much without bracing. Maiden is sometime this week when the weather is good. Here are a couple of pictures. IMG_0952.JPG IMG_0955.JPG IMG_0956.JPG IMG_0957.JPG IMG_0959.JPG

kork likes this.
  7. bob_nj

bob_nj 70cc twin V2

Definitely need to see a flight report.
    What's the weather like where you are?
    It's abysmal here :oops:

8. What do you want to know?

It flies nicely. Very stable, fairly wide speed range, has to be forced to stall and even when it does its a non-event. Takeoff and landing are easy. Its a nice Sunday flyer, more serious folks will want more bevel to get more throw but it does what its designed for very well.

9. bob_nj

bob_nj 70cc twin V2

Are you one to do elevators, harriers and the like?