• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ESC problems

joshgluck

100cc
Uh oh new website looks like new pricing too. The 6s 3300 30c Batts went up about $5 a piece if I'm not mistaken. Dang! I need to order a few for the edge build..

What happened to epbuddy.com? I bet Gary's review got more than just me to switch to glacier and now I hope the prices don't get crazy. Can't wait to try the 3s 2200 in my slick and extra.. Just get this noreaster done with first.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Uh oh new website looks like new pricing too. The 6s 3300 30c Batts went up about $5 a piece if I'm not mistaken. Dang! I need to order a few for the edge build..

What happened to epbuddy.com? I bet Gary's review got more than just me to switch to glacier and now I hope the prices don't get crazy. Can't wait to try the 3s 2200 in my slick and extra.. Just get this noreaster done with first.

As with many RC items, I suspect that some of the pricing on these batteries were "introductory" in nature, to help the Glaciers penetrate an already saturated LiPo market. That said, even at a modest 10% increase, I still feel like these are some of the best batteries out there.
I'm familiar with the behind the scenes info on Dales sourcing and development of these packs, and I can say they're second to none in terms of quality and performance in this price range.

-G

wedoitall

i like glaciers over any other lipo ive ran. better than skylipo, gens aces, venom, eflite, zippys. ill stick with glaciers from now on.

joshgluck

100cc
As with many RC items, I suspect that some of the pricing on these batteries were "introductory" in nature, to help the Glaciers penetrate an already saturated LiPo market. That said, even at a modest 10% increase, I still feel like these are some of the best batteries out there.
I'm familiar with the behind the scenes info on Dales sourcing and development of these packs, and I can say they're second to none in terms of quality and performance in this price range.

-G

I was half joking about the pricing and I completely understand why it would happen from a business perspective.

Based on your review and advice I bought the 4 3s packs. I'm going to buy 4 more 6s because of the customer service and not dealing with HK. I really am happy to pay the extra 10% to deal with great people based in the us.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
No I havent tried that I need to get a wattmeter first I dont have one:(

Mac -- check out Taildraggerrc.com Chad has wattmeters for $19.99 (I own one of these and its very nice for the money), while your at it check out his servo extensions. Great stuff, amazing service!

wedoitall

I was half joking about the pricing and I completely understand why it would happen from a business perspective.

Based on your review and advice I bought the 4 3s packs. I'm going to buy 4 more 6s because of the customer service and not dealing with HK. I really am happy to pay the extra 10% to deal with great people based in the us.

ive been pretty luck that i havent had to buy 1 thing from HK in the past 1.5 yrs that ive been into RC. there has been times that i thought about it, but i just waited till i had the money saved up to purchase elsewhere. ive dealt with epbuddy a couple of times now , awesome customer service.

joshgluck

100cc
I know this is a bit off topic but do you guys know anyone who is like epbuddy and carries hs-225 and other hitec servos for a reasonable cost?