• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Engine Gurus Unite -> I need HELP!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
49Dimes
I know you like Cheese Burgers, but tell me about the four dollars and ninety cents :mario-banana:

Basically it sums up my rags to riches to rags life story. Most complicated mechanical device known to man...

Attachments

• 82153847.jpg
    82153847.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 218

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hmn....You much rather hear about my demise? OK I'll play.:lol2:Once upon a time in a land far far away a share croppers child would have his own son. :big_yes:. Little did the share cropper know how brilliant and awesome his son would become:spongebob:. The son one day decided to take a wife and have his own sons:grouphug:. But little did the son know how dangerous it is to
be jealous of the wife:msn_slap:. Now the sons sons have inherited through the wife all the:money_talks:.

By the way that is the son getting biot.. slapped.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hmn....You much rather hear about my demise? OK I'll play.:lol2:Once upon a time in a land far far away a share croppers child would have his own son. :big_yes:. Little did the share cropper know how brilliant and awesome his son would become:spongebob:. The son one day decided to take a wife and have his own sons:grouphug:. But little did the son know how dangerous it is to
be jealous of the wife:msn_slap:. Now the sons sons have inherited through the wife all the:money_talks:.
You forgot, "the end". Or is it the end yet? LOL

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Here's the latest
I trued up the reed block and carrier.
As I stated, they were nowhere near true or flat.
That went well.
I checked the reeds with the WD40 and water and they passed.
Put the engine back together with new gaskets that I had on hand and the old reeds that seem ok.

The results were better, but not great.
Earlier at WOT the engine would peak, gradually slow down and die.
Now, it will peak, fall off about 600 rpm but not die.

As for the low end.
It's still slobbering sloppy rich.

Now I'm thinking it has to be a stuck ring.
There's black goo on the plane, and I've tried most everything else.
Oh yeah, the fuel system is OK too.

Pulled the jug and the ring is as free as a bird :eek:
So now my hope is that the ring is worn and not sealing properly since that's the only other
thing left I think.
There was signs of blow by, so we'll see.

Frank was out of 30 rings so I have to wait for the new ring now.
God I hope it's the ring.

So I have the parts soaking in some very very old carburetor cleaner overnight.
http://www.berrymanproducts.com/products/cleaning-degreasing/
In the link above, which solvent would be the best to soften up the carbon?

Thanks guys
Bob

2walla

50cc
Has the motor ever run well? I would think the problem is on the ignition side. Most likely the switch/battery since you tried a different box. You have chased a lot of rabbits but never fully checked all of the basics. When you flip it you can tell if it has compression. Did you ever bypass the switch/ibec and plug a different battery directly to the ignition and see if it runs correctly?