• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro Raven 3.1M build

Wacobipe

100cc
@Jlc how did you or are you planning to mount your tail? My 2.5m has an aluminum main tube at the rear of the horizontal tube, but there is really nothing for the front to hold it in place. I think I'll make mine removable for ease of painting and service. Thanks!

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I have the KS header in mine. they are very good quality!! some pics of my pipe install.. I will be getting on with mine soon. my set up is.
delro raven 3.1M
DA170
KS 1090 pipes
futaba bls 172 2x per ail 1x per elevator 2x rudder- direct drive mounted in fuzz under the tailplane
2x futaba 70008 sv Sbus 2x lipo
2x powerbox smart switches

mejzlik 29/12 3 blade
Allan Thanks for sharing the pictures and joining in on the thread!

Jlc

70cc twin V2
@Jlc how did you or are you planning to mount your tail? My 2.5m has an aluminum main tube at the rear of the horizontal tube, but there is really nothing for the front to hold it in place. I think I'll make mine removable for ease of painting and service. Thanks!
Unfortunately I haven't made it that far yet. I just mounted up the wheels. They had a mark where to drill for the axles on the LG but when I mounted it up the gear hangs down about half an inch below the pants. I should have double checked that. On the bright side a brand new DA 150L with KS headers and cannisters showed up last night!!

Wacobipe

100cc
Unfortunately I haven't made it that far yet. I just mounted up the wheels. They had a mark where to drill for the axles on the LG but when I mounted it up the gear hangs down about half an inch below the pants. I should have double checked that. On the bright side a brand new DA 150L with KS headers and cannisters showed up last night!!
For what it is worth I got confirmation direct from Delro earlier this week that the incidence angles are as follows:

Prop shaft: 0 degrees
Wings: 0 degrees
Horizontal stabilizer: 0.225 degrees positive ( Germany uses Grad rather than degrees for,angles and it is state as .25 grad)

Jlc

70cc twin V2
For what it is worth I got confirmation direct from Delro earlier this week that the incidence angles are as follows:

Prop shaft: 0 degrees
Wings: 0 degrees
Horizontal stabilizer: 0.225 degrees positive ( Germany uses Grad rather than degrees for,angles and it is state as .25 grad)
Thanks for getting that info. I agree with Pistolera I can't imagine trying to get .225 degrees.

Wacobipe

100cc
You ready that correctly...and I got a bit of a laugh out of that myself...I think you eyeball it to be a little off Zero and call it a day!
Actually I just did this and it wasn't so bad... I have 2 Robart incidence meters so I used one on the wing and one to help ID the second (unmarked) rod for the horizontal stab....the Robart incidence meter is marked to 1/2 degrees...so I just shot for in between 0 and +1/2...can't comment on my actual accuracy but it looks good :way_to_go:

You ready that correctly...and I got a bit of a laugh out of that myself...I think you eyeball it to be a little off Zero and call it a day!
For info..... If you use a digital meter and place it on top of the incidence bar...you can actually set incidence in 1/10th decree increments. Originally, I set my wings for 1/10th degree positive...before moving them back to 0 degrees.
Wayne

Attachments

• Digi meter.jpg
    Digi meter.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 268