• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

here is where we are now, just glued in the tabs!! hey, be careful here not to glue both halves together.

i put the tabs in so that the wide part goes in from the top, apply a little Hysol before getting it down further, then move tab all the way back, and finish putting glue all over the tab rectangle.make sure to again check that the tab is pushed all the way back.  i then clamped this together.
IMG_6264.JPG

IMG_6265.JPG

just got back from Boston! i tested the cowl set up and did a trial fitting on the fuselage, and so far. all looks good...
IMG_6291-1.JPG

IMG_6292-1.JPG

IMG_6293-1.JPG

IMG_6294-1.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_6297.JPG

IMG_6298.JPG

IMG_6299.JPG

i still have to mark all of the hinge points, the servo boxes, the hard point locations, etc... Then, i will glue in hard points and drill out the holes for the point hinges. i have to cut out the servo box areas.  
IMG_6302.JPG

once the hinge point holes are drilled, i will then have to core out the foam to create a tunnel for the servo box. i am not using a traditional round hard point. Instead, i will be laminating 1/4" plywood blocks to fill the area from the top to the bottom of the elevators, then sand flush. I am also going to use the metal control horns instead of the screws thru the hard point.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
That is the slickest cowl set up ive ever seen, jealous, I have like 7 bolts and t nuts each side, looks perfect . Good work. 

i need help with a project.  i want to find out what is the best way to cut the canopy, so that the cut is super straight, smooth, clean?

should i outline the area with masking tape to make a straight line?

but then, what do i use to cut it with?  dremel cutting wheel will not be a clean cut.  scissors also are not straight???

what to do??
IMG_6306.JPG

Slide1.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I use a sharp tin-snips like this one:   Snips

Get it the best I can then use a sanding block with sticky 180 on it to smooth out any imperfections.

Terryscustom said
I use a sharp tin-snips like this one:   Snips

Get it the best I can then use a sanding block with sticky 180 on it to smooth out any imperfections.
Thank you Terry!!

Just ordered it!

ok, how about delineating the cut area? how do you do it?

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Second the tin snips ! Tried everything on lexan, tin snips cut cleanest.

Cant seem to find it but I cut a groove in a wood block both sides and sticky back sandpaper lined it, rounded and sanded the edges quite well, small block, like inch by inch half , one side 180 other side had 400 to finish but not necessary.