• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

well, my shop is now complete. It has passed final inspection for the building and for the electricity (Thank you Stacey!!!). but, this weekend, i will try to skin the fuselage. i will be making the skins today, and then maybe glue them in tomorrow. my question:. i will be using a miter box, and i will glue the sheets together so that it attaches to the next sheet at an angle cut for the joint. i suppose this will increase the strength, instead of glueing them, in side to side at a vertical joint. my question: should i glue with CA or with the titbond?

1556=755-IMG_4603.jpg
1556=755-IMG_4603.jpg
1556=756-IMG_4610.jpg
1556=756-IMG_4610.jpg
1556=757-IMG_4611.jpg
1556=757-IMG_4611.jpg

this is where i am at last. i cheated and asked Tony to sheet the foam for me. this has not been glued on yet. just trialing it.

1558=758-IMG_5580.jpg
1558=758-IMG_5580.jpg

ok, last question for this morning, i am about to walk outside and do some work..

what is the best exhaust combo for this powerhouse? pipes? cans? which 2 in 1 headers? where can i buy them? i want it to be very quiet. what about pro-flows?

1563=759-IMG_5858.jpg
1563=759-IMG_5858.jpg
1563=760-IMG_5859.jpg
1563=760-IMG_5859.jpg

just got back from doing a bit of work in my shop, in anticipation of the sheeting of the Dalton fuselage. made an observation. will have to ask around. need to finish the da 70 re-install on my yak 91", then i can start back on the dalton.

my observation is correct, the da 200 prop bolt pattern is same as the da 170, however, the 170 bolts are 4mm and the 200 are 3 mm diameter. i imagine the 170 are bigger due to increased vibration, relative to the 200.

Good to see you start this thread here Cam.

As far as the sheeting, I always use Titebond for the joints. I join the two pieces and run masking tape over the joint. I then flip it over and let one piece hang over the table edge so it opens up the joint. I then run a bead of glue in the joint, lay it flat on the table again and squegee the excess glue off.

orthobird;1558 wrote: this is where i am at last. i cheated and asked Tony to sheet the foam for me. this has not been glued on yet. just trialing it.

Don't feel too bad, My Dalton was one of Tony's sheeted kits. I will sheet the next one, but it sure made it easier for my first one. I agree with flatspinjim on the titebond. I would stay away from CA when there is going to be any sanding of an exposed surface that will take covering. Oh, and you'll love that plane!