• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Dalotel Junior

doing the stab/ele the same way as I did with the wings, I have never done the tail end this way so this is a first , but it should be OK
in the pictures , you will see two sets of templates, I found it easier to put the first with no cuts for the spars , then simply replace with the other one with the cuts for the spars.

Attachments

• cj.jpg
    cj.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 229
  • ck.jpg
    ck.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 247
  • cl.jpg
    cl.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 220
  • cm.jpg
    cm.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 223
  • cn.jpg
    cn.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 248
  • co.jpg
    co.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 248
while the top sheet glue is setting, I started on the boost tab hardware , the two color photos are of my laser wing, I am using the same hardware, and these are 2-56 size, you have to remember the tab is barely the size of a 1/2A airplane aileron

Attachments

• cr.jpg
    cr.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 29
  • cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 29
  • ct.jpg
    ct.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 29
  • cu.jpg
    cu.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 28

BalsaDust

Those clear things up a lot for me Roger. Thanks. Now how well would it work for a 3D plane where we are looking for max throw we can get out of a surface? Just looks like it may limit the amount of travel you can get but then again it may just be how I'm looking at it.

The large throws for 3D setup don't lend themselves well to boost tabs, unfortunately. the rule of thumb for boost tabs, is the tab should have a surface area of 10% that of control surface, and have a throw of about 30% that of the control throw.

BalsaDust

Thanks. I plan on building a good size T-6 Texan some day so boost tabs may lend themselves well in that application .