• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Dalotel Junior

Since on this site we can ask questions without getting killed, may I ask why you want to use boost tabs? I understand how they work and their advantages but to me simply putting an oversize servo work wonders IMO. Or is it just because its scale for that model?

I understand your question, but going to bigger servos is not always a good solution, for instance where you would need two or three servos for an aileron, I would need only one, so no headaches there, plus you would need bigger batteries, all in all , more weight and more cost.
So scale or not I always use boost tabs and have never looked back.
On the 50% Dalotel, it has trim tabs on both ailerons and both elevator halves so no issues to keep everything scale, although I use them as boost tabs and not trim tabs. But then again I do a lot of things differently which of course works or else I wouldn't do it , failsafe switches, fiber optic servo extensions etc... you get the picture

here is something to protect your servo wires in an airframe

Attachments

• dw.jpg
    dw.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 217
  • dx.jpg
    dx.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 232
Since on this site we can ask questions without getting killed, may I ask why you want to use boost tabs? I understand how they work and their advantages but to me simply putting an oversize servo work wonders IMO. Or is it just because its scale for that model?

One thing I forgot to mention about using boost tabs, and your answer on using bigger servos, that would be like, don't get power steering for your car, just go to the gym and get bigger muscles LOL

I'm here, I'm here, today I worked on making fuselage parts from the drawings, but forgot to take pictures I will tomorow.
Both wings are finished for all practical purposes, been also working on the large dalotel

BalsaDust

Hey Roger on the Boost Tabs, when you get to doing the linkages for all that I would really appreciate some good up close photos of all the linkages. Help me get the best understanding of them possible.