• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Dalotel Junior

a bit slow lately but do have the second wing all sheeted and aileron cut out, now for the boost tab on this one as well, but today, -21c, I think I will wait a bit

anti rotation and holdown pins

Attachments

• by.jpg
    by.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 268
  • bz.jpg
    bz.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 263
  • ca.jpg
    ca.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 256
  • cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 255
got the two plywood root ribs glued into place, along with the inner wing alignment/holdown inserts,
The rib is glued with weldbond, but any sandable carpenters glue will work, but I also put in some Gorilla Polyurethane glue for the inserts

Also for the cold garage/shop, to keep all glues nice and warm I am using my cooler with an incandescent night light (7watts), believe me it works..

Attachments

• cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 372
  • cd.jpg
    cd.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 382
  • ce.jpg
    ce.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 349
  • cf.jpg
    cf.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 390

3D-Joy

50cc
Since on this site we can ask questions without getting killed, may I ask why you want to use boost tabs? I understand how they work and their advantages but to me simply putting an oversize servo work wonders IMO. Or is it just because its scale for that model?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Since on this site we can ask questions without getting killed, may I ask why you want to use boost tabs? I understand how they work and their advantages but to me simply putting an oversize servo work wonders IMO. Or is it just because its scale for that model?
I'm going with scale.