• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Covering???

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
Thanks @Torquerolljoe . Great video:way_to_go:

Please tell me once more what the mix is in your spray bottle?

I make a mix of 1/3 91% rubbing alcohol, 2/3 water and 2-3 drops of Dawn or baby soap to a spray bottle. This formula acts just like Rapid Tac that you can buy for $8 a bottle. If it seems to not be slippery enough, I add an extra drop or two of soap. Been using this formula for years on vinyl applications as well. Good Luck!!

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I make a mix of 1/3 91% rubbing alcohol, 2/3 water and 2-3 drops of Dawn or baby soap to a spray bottle. This formula acts just like Rapid Tac that you can buy for $8 a bottle. If it seems to not be slippery enough, I add an extra drop or two of soap. Been using this formula for years on vinyl applications as well. Good Luck!!

Thanks for sharing Joe! For those of you that don't know Joe, I've spent hours looking at planes he's built or arfs he's recovered and can never find any wrinkles....keep em' coming!

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member

Thank you kind sir. I'll be giving this method a try real soon.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is a video of how I put Ultracote on Ultracote.

That's cool! I've done that same method but with an iron on a low temp.....marginal results with trapped moisture even after squeegee. I think the heat gun is the key! I'll be trying it again very soon. Thanks for sharing.

yakken

100cc
I am trying to cover my extra. I just cant get the hang of it. Cant keep it from having some wrinkles in it. I just bought a jtec yesterday that im prolly going to have to recover. [emoji31]

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The biggest trick is temp like stang said and make sure you tack the corners. and pull the covering tight before you start actually ironing it down anywhere on the body of the part you are covering.

I am trying to cover my extra. I just cant get the hang of it. Cant keep it from having some wrinkles in it. I just bought a jtec yesterday that im prolly going to have to recover. [emoji31]
Are you using Ultracote or Monocote?