• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

CONTEST TIME!! - Custom Sanding Blocks!!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
For us builders of rc planes the Byrnes sander and mini table saw is as nice as it gets's. I convinced my wife to buy them for my birthday a few years ago. Somewhere I have a photo of the saw.

Attachments

• brynes sander 003.JPG
    brynes sander 003.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 312

BalsaDust

That's a sweet looking little sander. I have been trying to convince my wife to buy me one of the mini table saws for a couple years now but it still hasn't happened.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Yes I would love to have one of the Byrnes Mini Table Saws. Might as well add one of their sanders to my wish list as well. @dhal22 I'm jealous!
A while back I bought one of the mini table saws from Harbor Freight, it's not top tier stuff but it was only $30 and I use it almost every day. my only gripe is that the fence slide is not deep enough so the bottom of the fence guide needs to be ground down so that the part will sit on the table flat.

I think I wanna look for a nicer one though, after having one you'll never know how you lived without one! lol

BalsaDust

A while back I bought one of the mini table saws from Harbor Freight, it's not top tier stuff but it was only $30 and I use it almost every day. my only gripe is that the fence slide is not deep enough so the bottom of the fence guide needs to be ground down so that the part will sit on the table flat.

I think I wanna look for a nicer one though, after having one you'll never know how you lived without one! lol

Prolly so. Right now I just use my bandsaw when I need to rip down a piece of balsa that is to thick to do with a straight edge and #11 blade

pawnshopmike

Staff member

I've been keeping an eye out for a Dremel brand table saw for a while now. They don't make them anymore but they turn up once in a while on eBay.