• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

CONTEST TIME!! - Custom Sanding Blocks!!

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Gosh, I've never had any contoured sanding blocks before.
I've got lots of wood, lots of wings, and much sanding to be done scratch building a Super Stearman.
Perhaps I could be one of the two, the proud, the owner of a set of contoured sanding blocks.
GEDC0609.JPG
GEDC0618.JPG
GEDC0631.JPG

BalsaDust

Gosh, I've never had any contoured sanding blocks before.
I've got lots of wood, lots of wings, and much sanding to be done scratch building a Super Stearman.
Perhaps I could be one of the two, the proud, the owner of a set of contoured sanding blocks.
View attachment 13621 View attachment 13622 View attachment 13623

Gosh that's a pretty nice looking build you got going on there. Is there a build thread for it? The contoured block is something Wesley had requested a few weeks back when he saw a picture of my other blocks in the what are you doing in your workshop thread. I made a handful of them and I would be happy to sell you one of the others if your interested but they are not part of the contest. They weren't any more difficult to make just took a lot of extra time get things set up right (the contours were cut on the table saw something I had never done before).

BalsaDust

If interested here is a not so short video on how the coves are done on the table saw. Took lots a playing around and adjusting stuff and lots of scrap pieces of 2x4's before I came up with a cove I was happy with.
Oh and if anyone is really into woodworking like I am this guys youtube channel is badass. I have learned a lot from his videos.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks for the link.. I enjoyed that video. Now to run out to the garage and start cutting....

BalsaDust

Thanks for the link.. I enjoyed that video. Now to run out to the garage and start cutting....

Go for it. Once I got it figured out it was a lot of fun. Of course woodworking has become almost as enjoyable a hobby to me as rc

ericrs

70cc twin V2
If interested here is a not so short video on how the coves are done on the table saw. Took lots a playing around and adjusting stuff and lots of scrap pieces of 2x4's before I came up with a cove I was happy with.
Oh and if anyone is really into woodworking like I am this guys youtube channel is badass. I have learned a lot from his videos.
I watch this guy all the time. He is a super cool guy, and easy to learn from! I like his approach to woodworking, blending power and hand tools. I too love woodworking as much as flying planes!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Anybody notice that wall full of wonderful clamps?!

BJ Swope
Yes! I did. I have a pretty good collection of bar clamps, but he's got me beat for sure.

I've said it a thousand times and ill say it again here. If you only have one tool in your wood shop, it better be a table saw. With a little knowledge and a few jigs, the possibilities are endless:way_to_go:.

BalsaDust

Yes! I did. I have a pretty good collection of bar clamps, but he's got me beat for sure.

I've said it a thousand times and ill say it again here. If you only have one tool in your wood shop, it better be a table saw. With a little knowledge and a few jigs, the possibilities are endless:way_to_go:.

Yup. You wanna see someone who is really creative with the table saw look up izzy swan. He makes some crazy stuff.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Gosh that's a pretty nice looking build you got going on there. Is there a build thread for it? The contoured block is something Wesley had requested a few weeks back when he saw a picture of my other blocks in the what are you doing in your workshop thread. I made a handful of them and I would be happy to sell you one of the others if your interested but they are not part of the contest. They weren't any more difficult to make just took a lot of extra time get things set up right (the contours were cut on the table saw something I had never done before).
Thanks. There is no build thread. I build too slow. Maybe I would build faster with sanding blocks. Lol.