• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Call for Nominations, Flying Sites/Clubs for 2016 GSN Group Therapy Extravaganza

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
You have described Joe Nall in essence :)

Joe Nall, yes I can see the similarities but I promise that this will be different enough and worthy of its own place in the giantsphere. Triple Tree would be a great venue if they were interested in being involved outside of their Joe Nall event.

There are a bunch of really great flying sites in the Houston area, but I don't know of any that can meet the multiple flight line requests. Bomber Field would be my leading candidate. It hits most of the requirements.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
There are a bunch of really great flying sites in the Houston area, but I don't know of any that can meet the multiple flight line requests. Bomber Field would be my leading candidate. It hits most of the requirements.

depending on how this goes the multiple flying lines requirement might not be necessary, i just threw a list out there to see what the options are. obviously there are some big events at great sites and maybe they won't want to get involved, maybe they will. this is just the first step to see who i should call when we go to a more formal planning stage.

thurmma

150cc
I have heard that Apache Pass in TX is a very nice place also. I don't know anything about their facilities, but you can check out the site at http://www.flyapachepass.com/

I don't know if they would be interested in what we are wanting to do, but may be worth a look.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Multiple flight lines is pretty much going to have to go away for basically anyplace that hosts a large event. Everyone is welcome to fly anything and everyone needs a spotter and things work out just fine. More important is night fliying for foamies and electrics, otherwise everyone typically gets along fine at large events.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I have heard that Apache Pass in TX is a very nice place also. I don't know anything about their facilities, but you can check out the site at http://www.flyapachepass.com/

I don't know if they would be interested in what we are wanting to do, but may be worth a look.

I've heard some great things about Apache Pass and hosting some rather large (20,000+) events.

The Ice House Fly-in is coming up this October; I have it on my calendar to attend.