• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Call for Nominations, Flying Sites/Clubs for 2016 GSN Group Therapy Extravaganza

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
:dancing-chicken::dancing-chicken::dancing-chicken:

Ladies and Gentlemen

It's time to put 2015 (and whatever we can remember from the end of 2014) behind us and begin planning for the 2016 flying season.

To get the ball rolling I'm asking for your input, please nominate clubs or flying sites that are worthy of the greatest Giant Scale RC fun-fly of all time!!! (add a little Captain Chaos when you say that for maximum impact!)

We're looking for the best site, with the best group of people, at the best location, and with a local community that loves to throw a party!

We will consider anywhere in the US....west coast, east coast, southeast, northwest, New Jersey......anywhere!

What are the criteria? The site that we go with should have
  • a driving passion for sharing Giant Scale RC with ALL aeromodelers
  • experience running a big event
  • availability of volunteers
  • able to run multiple flying lines and possibly an aero-tow line
  • a massive PA system
  • plenty of parking
  • camping options
  • fixed bathroom facilities preferred, porta-potties ok
  • experience running a food concession
  • close to major highways
  • AMA chartered club or alternate form of event insurance
  • an overabundance of love for baby ducks :yesss:
  • close to a local community with restaurants, grocery store, daytime/evening entertainment options for the family
  • ability to work with GiantScaleNews.com to make the event uber-successful
  • plus whatever else is necessary to make the event uber-uber successful
You know what I'm talking about.....sharing the vibe, bringing in the people, celebrating the community of people we know as Giant Scale RC and GiantScaleNews.com!!

Who can bring it the best?? I want to know and I need your nominations now!! Please!

Thank you!!

:brian-banana::banana-dance::dancing-chicken::dancing-poop::spongebob:

Last edited:

mndless

Don't know a thing..
I have a field in mind.... got to run a note up the flag pole... will report back

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
We have a pretty nice airfield but not multiple flight lines. I think we've had as many as 3500 spectators at one of our events. Check out gmarc.com

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll keep monitoring your posts and we'll see where it all takes us.

Appreciated!