• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Build Log Top Flite P-40E Warhawk Gold Edition kit

SnowDog

wow that's some good info there, thanks for sharing, and for persevering on this build.

it will be awesome, whenever it gets done!

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
wow that's some good info there, thanks for sharing, and for persevering on this build.

it will be awesome, whenever it gets done!

Thanks SnowDog. My intentions as stated before is to share some knowledge that is not so common these days. Plus I don't want people to see 3 hours on retract installations and say "WHAAAT?!" with an explanation. I anticipate my build time will decrease this summer after the arrival of our second child. So who knows how long it'll take me.

Looking forward in the manual, after the LG rails are epoxied in, it's time to finish the wing. Since I don't have all my electronics (mainly servo extensions needed) I'll skip this and start the flaps and ailerons. Since I'm modifying the wing to use 2 servos for ailerons, I need to make sure I have the proper setup, angles, etc... and then check the routing holes in the wing for clearance of up to 3 servo wires and connectors. Easier to do this without sheeting and wingtips.

gyro

GSN Contributor

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the links guys. I'll check with LHSes first, as I really want to support the LHSes in my area.

kerwin50, sorry to hear that man. Could you have salvaged the plane?

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
The P-40 build is about to take another hit.

I have accepted an opportunity to build 1 or more kits (free kits for me) for GWS US in return supplying them with at least 10 pictures and possible video. All planes have to be built within 2 months of receiving the kits. The opportunity came out of the blue via Facebook and is a modeler's dream come true. I don't know which ones I'll get, but I submitted a prioritized list of 3 (per their request) for P-38 in silver or green, C-47 in green, and A-4.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The P-40 build is about to take another hit.

I have accepted an opportunity to build 1 or more kits (free kits for me) for GWS US in return supplying them with at least 10 pictures and possible video. All planes have to be built within 2 months of receiving the kits. The opportunity came out of the blue via Facebook and is a modeler's dream come true. I don't know which ones I'll get, but I submitted a prioritized list of 3 (per their request) for P-38 in silver or green, C-47 in green, and A-4.

Congrats! That is awesome!

SnowDog

That is a modeler's dream come true! Can't wait to hear what you get! And see the build logs! ;)

Congrats!:thumbup:

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys. I was even able to connect The Crash Cast hosts to GWS about their 2014 SEFF Crash Cast challenge. GWS is all in to support them. The challenge is a mass night launch of GWS airframes full of LEDs. See thecrashcast.com and RCG for more info.

In order to not hijack this build thread i'm opening one for the GWS kit.